This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi my names Damian, im 42 from leeds, england. im hoping to get some help with my zsus repair kit for my lg 50ps3000.. but theres to much info here for a fool like me..

Comment

Hi,
      I'm Barry in Frisco, Texas.
      Always glad to have another resource for electronics repair.

regards,
      Barry

Comment

Hi, I'm Jerdal. I'm trying to fix my Sony Bravia KDL-46z4100. There seems to be a common problem with the Bravia line that I think has happened to my TV as well. I'm trying to find out if that's the case.

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Kurtis, I was looking for information about the e Geforce 8600 gts graphics board and, oops I slipped and fell in it. I've replaced the board in my computer but I'm not happy with video performance now. I was reading the forum and noticed that someone sells capacitor kits, do you know if there is a kit for the 8600 gts?

Comment

Hi all, Some really good info and some friendly people on here, Glad to be on board

Comment

Hi my name is Whoppy1968 I am new to this site. I have a question I have a RCA L42WD22 TV, it had the 5 flashing red lights. I found a bad capacitor at the top it was with a coil the capacitor was a 22UF400V . I changed it out and now I get nothing. Any Ideas? Thanks

Comment

Hiya doin! I'm a Navy-trained ET and degreed EE, keeping expensive high-reliability electronics working for Lockheed and the Navy. The family always brings me broken gadgets! I figure you guys can help me shorten the troubleshooting process for the brain-busters. I first found this forum searching validation for my component choices (Pulled fizzing CapXon's and installed Panasonics, and both agree with your good/bad caps lists). I hope to be helpful if at all possible, and to gain from the wisdom and experience of the Forum.

Comment

Hi everyone! I joined this forum because I have some questions regarding my two laptops who give me headaches now and then. I hope to find some answers here and to help others if I can Great to be here.

Comment

Hello - As most everyone else I enjoy repairing electronics and most recently some LCD TVs with bad caps and that is what brought me to this site. Thank you to the forum moderators and everyone who has contributed in the past. What a great resource this is. No use re-inventing the wheel when someone else has already diagnosed the problem !

Comment

Greetings to all and sundry!

Might as well get this out there from the start. In my head I am still in my 20's. Maybe 30's. Never managed to fix that. If one can consider it broken. My birth certificate tells me I am almost 60. I think its forged.

I have to admit I have never had a career. Tried but it didn't work. Been freelance in all sorts of things most of my life. Started off in advertising design after I dropped out of Uni after 6 months (Mech Eng) as I didn't want to spend my life doing maths. Became an illustrator (all sorts) and copywriter etc. My first ads were printed from etched blocks / linotype setting. I saw the advent of lithographic printing.

When everyone else (geeks) I knew got Commodore 64's and Sinclair ZX's I bought an Amiga 4000/060 Cyberstorm. They'd just come out. Took me 5 years to pay for it. Incredible machine. I was then doing special effects for TV and ads (morphs, rotoscoping, 3D and graphics). Got my first PC in 1985 to replace my IBM Thermal Quietwriter. Hated daisy wheels and golf balls!. It was a 686DX120 - I always had to have the faster one. I was doing quite a lot of print artwork and I paid for it with one job I did over a weekend in Aldous Freehand. That's the only complete PC I ever bought. But I have never been without one.

Was on the internet when it started. Before even. BBS and Gopher etc. Built my first website three weeks after Netscape was launched. Have always had my nickname Ozyris. In fact I used to own the dotcom domain but in a lapse of ownership some french guys nabbed it. Web designers. Swines. They still have it. I have the .co.uk domain so I am over it now.

Was one of the early chatroom addicts (ICQ) - visited a gorgeous lady in Canada for a month who I met online. One of the most memorable months of my life. We have different versions of what happened with that. My memory is that is was awesome.

So my PC's are all evolving machines. Something stops working I fix or replace that bit. If I need to upgrade I just get the bits I need. They aren't in cases. They are on shelves with wires hanging out everywhere. Connected to everything in my room. I have the luck of essentially living in my "shed".

Another lifelong hobby of mine is music. All types. Well, not really classical. Or opera. Specially not opera. Or thrash metal. But most others from the crooners right up to todays stuff. I said I was a permanent 20's person. I play guitars. I build guitars. I fix them and mod them. I have 15 of them. Mostly electrics.

I teach guitar too. I record music using my various computers and equipment. Floyd and Beatles and Taylor Swift and Maroon Five and Linkin Park and Jeff Beck and Paul Gilbert and Joe Satriani and...think I will learn some Justin Bieber...

I have an iPhone, a huge Sony Ultra Z1 (stunning), a laptop (given to me broken, now works perfectly)...I like tech. Always have.

When I was 13 I read my fathers "Royal Navy Handbook Of Wireless Telegraphy: Introduction" and learned the greek alphabet by heart just for fun. Now I am learning HTML5 and CSS3.

I am here at Badcaps because my Alesis M1 Mk2 monitors developed "that" problem. What a fun place it seems too! (Hope this all actually interests someone...)

Comment

Hey all, my name is dan and I have joined because I have a tv that does not respect my needs. Lol I have recently taken a job as an electronic technician. I have lots to learn and I look forward to the conversations I may have with all of you.

Comment

Helo,
                          I am a Materials Engineer by profession and a recent problem with my laptop motherboard driven me into this world. Its my impression that this forum is doing great in helping out and solving problems of a big community. Hope to enjoy your company too.

Regs

Yasir

Comment

Hi I am CHARLIE been a CET since 1961. On here to help out if I can. Also have need for answers on the modern LCD, PLASMA and LED. i HAVE STUDIED MUCH But some new tech. solutions can help also. I have found out the need for the old type service tech is obsleet. If you can change boards you have it made.

Comment

Hello, looking forward to learning a great deal of things here.

Comment

Hello everyone... Just looking for advice on lcd and plasma tv repairs... repairing my old tvs and other computers for myself and my friends. Thanks for all the future advice..

Comment

My Name is PsiDOC and I am an Alcoholic

Ah. Sorry wrong forum
                                  Simon here. A 40 something year old time served UK Ministry Of Defense electronics tech that now works in the Oil industry. Am an active full amateur radio licence holder and also instruct in the art of getting said licences. Been a long time lurker and gleaner of the wealth of information on the board and I thought it's about time I signed up to say hi and thank you.

So yeah! thats me.

Si

Comment

Hi, name is Jose, age 40, from Puerto Rico, thank you for welcome me. I'm glad to came here, and hope can soon know many members. Really i'm not a technician, but a beginner and want to be a good one, i will work hard.
                                    Hajimemashite

Comment

Hi, my name is Nathan. I am trying learn how to fix a problem with my Samsung TV. I am a Software Engineer by profession and not very handy with electronics even though I would like to learn

Comment

Hello,

Comment

Conner
                                          Tennessee
                                          Just now getting into general TV repair as a hobby...My normal job is technical support for an online home/car electronics company. Thanks for having me and look forward to all of the helpful information on here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X