This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all.. i am from indonesia and...thanks alot to all people in this forum and i am very happy join with this forum, my motto in life is KNOWLEDGE IS FREE AND IT WILL ALWAYS FREE FOR EVER

Comment

290 pages later, I am here!

Cody, TX area. Nice to meet all... use to browse this website when most of the P4 had bad caps! Way before it became a true business.

Comment

Hi all! I'm from Spain! As far as I read some threads it's a nice useful forum!

Have a great day!

Comment

Hi I am Oz of OZ Electronics. I was an electrical and electronics Technician for 30 years. Now I'm retired and collect antique electronics, whc\ich I repair and refurbish.
          I also attempt to repair some of the new stuff once in a while--which brought me to this forum. I'm on my third Samsung, two of which had BAD CAPS.

Comment

Hello all, I am Rip.

Currently a self-employed networking consultant.

I have spent time as an doing Electronic Warfare on an LA class submarine and doing ROV and acoustic work for oilfield and telcom companies before focusing on computers and networking. Found the forum after a great guy who fixed the power supply for my monitor pointed me to it.

Look forward to participating in what looks to be a great community.

Comment

hello everyone.
              I started in tv repair back in the 80,s working for several rental companies then started my own business repairing & selling tvs, vcrs,etc. until the late nineties when the bottom
              started to drop out of repair side!
              then got into the computer business working for a maintenance company.
              iam now semi-retired doing the odd repair & ebay sale!
              so I hope any problems I encounter (vestel psu ) lol! some of you guys can show me the right road!
              cheers

Comment

Hell, I have been in the television repair business since the late 70's. I have used and read this forum many times and find it very informative. Glad to finally be a member.

Comment

First timer to the electronics repair scene, at least at this level. I have done a bit of tinkering with the odd project here and there. I have just recently become interested in the Monitor repair side of my interest in hardware because I inherited a decently specced IPS panel. Now to troubleshoot until i get bored again

BTW - I'm a High School Physics teacher that knows much of the theory but is more interested in the practical side of DIY/live on the waste of society, etc.

Comment

hi all.
                    very interesting forum and has helped me diagnose a fault on one of my laptops already i build car race engines has a rule but like to tinker with electrics as well and have found some good threads on here to read and open my eyes to another world keep it up peeps. wayne wpe { wacky performance engineering }

Comment

Hello everyone. I was a long time lurker on the forums(fixing bad caps since 2003 in bad k8 msi boards and crt monitors) and decided to actively join the community to broaden my knowledge and understanding of diy electonics repair as well a give a hand whenever i can. Hope we can all help each other in this wonderful community.

Comment

Hello all, I am n4d1r from Mexico,
                        I work in a maintenance and repair computer store.
                        Nice to meet all, have a great day!

Comment

Well.... My name is Josh... My background was computer hardware and network interfacing started with the MCSE course back in 2003 but never finished instead moved to Cisco's CCNA and never took the test... I am a car guy that wanted to get into computers but life got in the way so needless to say... Ended back in the car world.. My experience with electronics is decent HOWEVER... Tv's and such are new to me but I am a very fast study... Need help with a car though I'm on it lol...

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is moon2o3 and I don't have any formal training in electronic repair, but I consider myself pretty tech savvy. I've fixed lots of computer monitors, phones, televisions, etc etc. Some of which required soldering...

Currently I'm working in an electronics repair store that specializes in cell phones.

Comment

Hello , I use the nic. desert rat , I use the same nic. on some other forums . I joined to be able to down load some pdf files . I have lurked hear for a few years now , but just never joined .

Comment

Good Evening everyone, I am aviation electrician by trade and have a little experience with computer boards. I would love to learn more and always willing to learn. I'm have enjoyed reading several post on this forum and have learned a few thing already.

Comment

Joined to fix my TV. Thanks to everyone for the help.

I am a mechanical design engineer so electrical and computer troubleshooting aren't my thing. So thank you in advance for the help

Comment

Hi everyone, I just joined to try to fix my dead macbook, i have no formal electro education, but have worked as a tech for different companies. I am hoping to learn how to properly diagnose a board. Thanks!

Comment

Hello everybody, I'm new here: from Romania. I am 49 years old with 35 years of experience in electronics. I've started with CRT TV's which used tubes. I am proud to tell you that now I succeed in also repairing PC's, laptops, LCD's. I am glad I have found you guys! I have learned from you to repair a Samsung LCD TV with bad caps and memory problems. Thank you very much!

Luca Constantin from Iasi, Romania

Comment

In my first post I forgot to say that most of the bad caps I see are in a/c equment . They are used with motors and compressors , most are oil filled and are from 5 to 80 uf. 370-440 vac. When these fail there easy to find . If they dont rip there case open , there easy to check with a meter .

Comment

Hello Members!!

I'm 34 years old, and I'm a computer engineer. I've been working on the telecom industry for the past 9 years. I'm on of those guys that thinks everything can be fixed; so I've messed with plumbing, construction, mechanic, electronics, AC units and pretty much everything a home owner can face.

What brought me here seems to be one of those popular LVTS problems with one of my Samsung TV's. I've never worked as electronics' tech per say, but I've knock down a few problems at home when I came across the need to.

You all have a blessed day!

Adrian

Comment

Working...
                                          X