• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings from Longview Texas! You guys are helpful

Comment

Hello!
      I'm Jack, an 18 year old from Ohio looking to start repairing numerous broken displays i have accumulated.

Comment

Hi, I'm glad to finally found a forum that provide helpful technical info.
        Thanks

Comment

Great site.. glad I found you!

Comment

I stumbled across this site, and was really pumped to finally find a place that actually has helpful information and members.

I tune engine management for Subarus and fix as much as I can regularly.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

While seeking an answer to a technical question the search engine (DuckDuckGo) provided a link to this forum. It's rather like finding a vein of gold in the mine!
              The level of technical assistance available here is fantastic. In fact, it reminds me very much of my tour of duty with Mobile Technical Unit Seven in Yokosuka, Japan. I'm a retired Navy Electronics Technician (since 1980) who is still hopelessly addicted to repairing electrical and electronic devices whenever possible. I do not know why it took so long to discover this amazing forum.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I'm originally from Cedar Rapids, Iowa as is cat farmer at #5805 above.

Comment

agradesco gladly friends aberme God for guidance
                  this website and I hope to god you guys is something they
                  support both from here to there and from there to here
                  greetings from mexico and later

Comment

hi,
                    i'm Filipe Almeida, 23 years old and yes, i'm portuguese.
                    hope to get some knowledge here

Comment

Hi
                      names Bob Mcgee
                      I've been in construction all my life, I'm 55 (I hate saying that) I don't feel like I'm that old but I have a birth cert that says so.
                      I've always been interested in how things work or more like how they dont. I've been tearing apart what ever didnt work since I can remember, most I've been able to fix and then came everything electronic, I've fixed 3 TV's and 2 monitors that had bad caps and now I'm hooked and want to learn more so I can fix more.Chicks love guys that can fix stuff. need I say more?
                      So I mostly find what I'm looking for in the archives but I may need help from time to time so bare with me.the only stupid question is one not asked.
                      Thanks for the opportunity to learn from you guys.

Comment

im itaintme82 i live in missouri, and im just a low level computer repairman lol not to much on the software part of it but learning.

Comment

Greetings all. Good to see so many helpful people.

Comment

Hmmmm. Still can't edit my profile details or post. :-(

Comment

Hi all,

Name: Chris R

I'm a computer technician/web developer by trade, joining badcaps for help with TV problems. Not sure what else to say, but hello

Comment

Hello to all,
                                I just enrolled in hopes to take a crack at repairing my philips 42 plasma
                                thanks to all in advance.
                                Hello from San Diego CA

Comment

Hi All.

I'm Iain, a British expat living in Spain. I'd just like to say I am so pleased I have found this forum. I have always built my own computers and tried to do my own electronic repairs to my present age of 50+. I guess it all started when my first jobs was in a tv and appliance repair shop, the boss only seemed to take on jobs that was worth his while so I sneakily used to try and repair these items after he had left for the day, and it worked! The customers were happy as their item was repaired, I was happy because I got some extra cash and my boss? well as long as I did it in my own time he used to turn a blind eye!

Now I could do with some advice on how to fix modern day tv's, so I am hoping I can learn as well as contribute to the cause.

Nice to be here guys

Comment

Good Day, folks.

My name is John Gannon, and I've been around consumer electronics since '78, professionally since '81. Grown into quite a tweak, but rarely...in that entire time...have I ever gotten down to board-level repair. Closest I've gotten is board swapping CRT projectors.

In the mid-90s, I was one of the founding members of the Imaging Science Foundation, or ISF, the trade group self-tasked with training retail stores and consumers how to calibrate video displays. Got pretty good with those 3-gun CRT projectors, developing a national reputation for my tweaking. Turns out Asperger's Syndrome has its advantages, I have no concept of time...which really helps with those beasts.

Fifteen years ago, I luck-stumbled into the post of Technical Editor for a national magazine called Stereophile Guide to Home Theater...was into hifi journalism from 2000-2007, but took a bit of a sabbatical.

I hated the troubles from the early HDMI/HDCP applications. Still do, actually...but I'm getting over it. Currently I'm returning to hifi journalism, with a review of the Oppo BDP-105D player...this thing may cure many of my previous ill-notions of current video product.

I discovered the forum through a desperate search to get my father's RCA plasma set to work again. I really need help with this, and know I've got the ability to learn, and the tools to measure...so here I am.

Cheers,
                                    John
                                    Detroit

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm Gerald, I have been around computers for about 30 years. Wow that time has good fast. Started off with a Radio Shack brand first, then going to Texas Instrument, Commander 128 then into DOS brand PC's. I have been trouble shooting all my life with a father being a mechanic taking a part and fix cars with him. So I am the go to in my family for anything electronic to take the flashing 12:00 on those old VCR's or setting up computers. So I hope to be some help with people as I love to solve problems myself.

Gerald
                                      Niagara Falls

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm french and I apologize in advance for my grammar. But it is also the fault of google translation ...
                                        Otherwise I'm electronician but I've never repaired a computer electronically. That is why I signed up.

Thanks

Comment

Hello, Randy here, Automotive instructor, getting into uncharted waters for me, but I'll take it slow and poke around here a little for info on my latest project.
                                          Thanks to all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                          X