• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi.all found this site of knowledge.and had to join.thanks everyone

Comment

Hi All, I'm new to the forum, in need of help with several laptop motherboard issues... I'm armed with copper braid, a 12w Soldering Iron and solder the thickness of a hair... And a steady hand!

So I'm ready to learn!

Cheers, Adam.

Comment

Hi all,

New here to the forum, but been around electronics all my life. Been a service tech for 20+ years but still learning everyday. Joined to find help with the "tough dogs" we all find now and then, as well as help someone else when I can.

Dave

Comment

Hello You All.

Greetings,hope all is well.Joined this site for the computer repair I do so little.
          I am glad to be a member and hope someday I can help others in a crunch just like me.
          Good Day:

Comment

hi all did do tv repairs a bit back just enjoying life now but good to be here

Comment

Hello All
              Joined to day because I am jumping in both feet to try and fix my TV set and needed some CAP advice. I have been trying to do some research on why my set is bad, pulled it apart and lo and behold found a bad CAP needing to be replaced. Seems simple enough but since it is Sunday, the only thing open is Radio Shack and they do not have the exact CAP I need now I need some advice as to maybe replacing what I found with what is broken. Hopefully I can find the help I need here and I no longer need to throw away the electronics I could have been fixing myself over the years

Comment

Hmmm hope the help I need is here!,

Comment

Hi, my name is PYRQ. Joining the thread so I could see some schematics that are posted on here. pretty handy site, everyone on here seems to have the answer one way or another. Thanks guys. keep on keepin on.

Comment

Howdy, live in the UK, seems an interesting forum. Hope that I can find some answers.

Julian

Comment

Hello i am applications engineer in a semiconductor company and electronics is a hobby of mine from childhood. Troubleshooting faulty electronics started right from my childhood. I m here to share my experience and gather knowledge.

Comment

Hello, I often find myself doing component level repair of my devices. This seemed like a great community to join.

-Andrew

Comment

Hello everyone ... My name is Ron, I hope to learn a little more in this community and bring some of my modest knowledge ...

Comment

Hello BadCaps community

Comment

Hi, new member to the bad caps forum. Fixed one Samsung lcd tv with bad caps, now I'm trying to fix a free plasma tv that won't power on.

Thanks looking forward to all your help.

Comment

hey everyone,

i found this forum looking for help with two pc psu's i'm trying to repair.

found some help already!

tim

Comment

Hi folks!! I'm an electronics tech by trade, my primary field being audio and TV repair although I have replaced a lot of caps in power supplies and such during. I collect vintage audio gear from the 70's. In my honest opinion I think the older gear just sounds better and has a lot more power. Hopefully I can be of some assistance, make some friends, and pass some time.

Peace, PepsiMoon

Comment

Just introducing myself... I was an Apple Authorized Repair Tech for 12 years while teaching public school. I'm retired now, but still fix everything I can. I first used Badcaps.net back when the Apple eMacs were popping their capacitors on a dismally regular basis. I must have replaced literally hundreds of those little cans (at least 50 boards worth at about a dozen caps per board).

Recently, my 89 year old mother's VIZIO died. Googling the symptoms put me right here at trusty old Badcaps.net forums. Some one else's had exactly the same symptoms, and they described the smoked cap that caused it. Lo, and behold, EXACTLY the same cap at the same location was smoked on hers. Replacing it fixed it perfectly.

My wife owns a lodging business with many flat screen TV's and they die on a regular basis. After my success with my mother's VIZIO, I told our help not to throw out any more TV's. Googling the symptoms of the latest TV failure brought me; you guessed it; right back here to Badcaps forums. And, of course, the symptoms were described exactly the same, and, of course, the location of the smoked caps was exactly the same... again.

I figured it's now time to join up and start giving back to the group. Heck, you've saved me at least $700 in the last 6 months alone.

Comment

Hello and thinks for having me!

Comment

Hello and thank you for letting me join. I enjoy the challenge of repairing electronics and I am currently working on a plasma TV which led me here.

Comment

Badcaps dude!

Comment

Working...
                                          X