This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey my name is Scott and i have a DIY mentallity when it comes to things mechinical/electronics. Thanks for letting me join this greatly built community.

Comment

Hello, I found this forum browsing about information on how to fix my broken monitor. I am a DIY kind of guy when it's not overly complicated. I hope this leads to positive results. Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I used to play around with electronics back in the early 80's until I got my first computer, at which time I lost interest in soldering and making circuit boards.

Now that my tv has just broken down due to a faulty power supply, I thought I would pick up my soldering iron again, rather than paying someone else to do the work.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My name is George and I am new here. I like messing around with electronics..

Comment

hi everyone new to this a small hobbie coputers and tvs i would hang around the local
            tv repair store and help test tubes and small things like that got afew tvs going on my own on another one now thanks wayne

Comment

Hey I like to try to fix things, was searching the net and came across this site. Im a electrician by trade, but I can do about anything, iv built computers, fixed x boxes, built web sites, played with arduino, do the work on my truck, if its broke I want to know how to fix it.

Comment

Hello World

Name is Bill
                Mainly into classic computers.
                Now my TV broke, so here I am.

Comment

Hello to everyone, im Alex from Lecce,south Italy.
                  Well done to everybody for the fantastic topic and info you give to people !!
                  Take care
                  All the best
                  Alex

Comment

Glad to be here!

Comment

Hi Guys, I have decided to join your forum to get help and guidance in the electronics world. I have studied Electronics at TAFE. I look forward to your advice and having a fun chat. I am from Sydney Australia, I am in my mid 20s.
                      Cheers
                      Eddie

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm new member

Comment

Hi all,
                          I am Rathna Prakash from United States. I am not a hardware guy but I have lot of interest on electronics. Recently, I bought a TV and it was broken. While trying to fix it, I came across this forum which had lot of experts and great info. Hope this forum will allow me to learn more about electronics and fixing things.

Hope people will resist with my silly questions

ok. its time to post my TV problem in the forum.

Thanks,
                          Rathna

Comment

Hello ALL,

New member here! Hoping to gain some knowledge and also help out when I can. I have been repairing motherboards for awhile now and have a ACHI SC PRO for reworking faulty chipsets and a SMD hot air station. Hope to put in some input to help others out in need as from time to time, I am also stumped and in need. =)

Comment

Hi All,

I am an OK DIY person. Having trouble with my LCD and need some help. Had a chance to read some relevant posts but could not find a solution yet.

Comment

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. My name is Nathan and I'm a mechanical engineer working for Boeing up here in Seattle, WA.

My dad is a EE and always had circuit boards / soldering irons laying around so I caught the do it yourself computer bug early.

I've been making my own custom machines for awhile, but I've never chanced to actually pull capacitors off a board until now. With a dead Viewsonic VP930b 19" monitor on my hands, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to jump in and get my feet wet. After my first repair attempt, it is still dead, but I used Radio Shack capacitors, which after reading, seems to be a bad idea?

After my account is enabled, I'll post some pictures and all the details over in the "troubleshooting computer displays" forum!

Thanks,

Nathan

Comment

shitty CyberPower UPS caps......

Warning to any and all Cyberpower PR2200LCDRTXL2U owners (or for that matter CyberPower PR3000LCDRTXL2U and possibly other models)
                                  - http://blog.collins.net.pr/2013/09/w...yberpower.html

Comment

Hello!

I'm ricardo from portugal, and i like mostly digital electronics (programing MCUs and the like) but i try to handle the other varieties.
                                    Recently had a broken TV, google pointed me here!

Thanks all!

Comment

Hello.

I'm a computer tech and software developer who's familiar with electronics. I joined in part because I've decided to repair a plasma TV.

Comment

I found this place when I was searching for fixes to tv's.Now hope to learn about repairing tv's and electronics.

Comment

Another new member here

I'm a software engineer with enough electronics knowledge to fix most things and permanently break the rest

I have a few devices with known bad caps and a plasma tv with other issues -- expect to hear from me soon!

Jeff
                                          Last edited by Cayuga; 09-15-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X