X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
    I am Michael From Palm Harbor Fla. I read your site and found it very informative , I already repaired a lcd monitor and a tv thanks to post I have read here and information I got from the net , thanks for letting me join !!

Comment

Hi! I'm new to the forum, looks like a great site. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Hopefully I will be able to get my tv fixed using this forum.

Comment

Greetings Earthlings,

I'm fairly new to electronics repair but quite willing to get my hands dirty and learn along the way... I'm in the Great White North and have an Advent plasma I am hoping to get some help with while here.

HF!
          Snork.

Comment

Good Evening, My friend Harvey & I were down at Charlie's Place, in our usual booth, entertaining some friends of ours when one of them mentioned they had a 4 year old 50" Samsung plasma that had sound but no picture. As the evening wore on, I asked what would they want for this TV and this.. this is the funny part, they said "How about the next round of martini's?". Well, Harvey & I were already going to order another round so whats two more among friends? So here we are, drink in hand & TV in pieces.

Comment

Hi. I'm eevee I joined today trying to find some advice with repairing my sanyo.

Comment

Hello. I´m a Profissional specialized in electronics and telecommunications, but at momente i need opinion from a problem in my hown TV sony KDL-26B4050. I think the problema is TCON V260B1-C01 (no image, video/ecran black, backlight ok). Is realy the problem in tcon. Someone have tcon schematic?
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mendes4tec View Post
                  Hello. I´m a Profissional specialized in electronics and telecommunications, but at momente i need opinion from a problem in my hown TV sony KDL-26B4050. I think the problema is TCON V260B1-C01 (no image, video/ecran black, backlight ok). Is realy the problem in tcon. Someone have tcon schematic?
                  Thanks.
                  Please start your own thread in the TV section of the forum for help with this. No help is given in the introductions thread.
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi all! I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my TV for the past couple days, and my Google searches kept leading me to various threads on this site. I finally registered when I really wanted to look at some attachments. Now I'm looking forward to finding even more useful information!

Comment

Hello All. Stumbled onto this forum in my attempt to fix my NEC TV. Hopefully I can get some helpful insight from all of you!!

Comment

Howdy folks! I'm long time lurker, first time poster(tm). Seems my journey into electronics is powered by Zalman, Antec, Enlight, HEC, FSP, Handan and Topfield, grrrr!

Comment

Hello,
                          I like to repair old Macs. I hope I get good informations to find the mistakes.

I think its only some parts that the Computer don`t work.

Comment

Hello,

I just found this wonderful forum so that I can get some much needed assistance at repairing my LCD.

Comment

Hi, I'm KKvantas and I came here from Overclock.net.
                              I actually just registered to ask a question about the caps on my motherboard and I like looking at reviews for crappy power supplies, though if I like it enough here I'll probably stay!

Comment

Hi, I'm Jun. I have googled and found this forum. I love tinkering and done a lot of fixing computers, both software and hardware problem. I am aware of bad capacitors in motherboards and power supplies and have fixed some after reading through some forums.
                                I'm just glad to be a member of this forum.

Comment

Hello Every one.

I bumped into this forum while looking for a solution for my locked bios for Dell E6430.
                                  I hope some one can help me with fixing it..

Comment

Hello all,

I live down here in Sunny South Africa and am the ultimate fiddler with things in general. I stumbled across this wonderful forum while trying to find some advice on how to fix my Samsung LCD monitor which sadly gave up the ghost (Actually not even the ghost of a picture).

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I came accross this site while trying to fix a Vizio TV. Best website I found to help with trouble shooting. Thanks for everything

Comment

hey everyone, I found this site searching for help with my 60 inch led tv from lg. all the sudden the screen went out I can only see backlight plz help

Comment

Hi, everyone. I found this site while try to find a repair solution for my 50" lg plasma. Hoping to find a solution soon. Everyone on this site seems very helpful and informative.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                          X