This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chemi-con ends production of large part of caps

arkadaşlar ulaşacak ve yazacak kimseyi bulamadım o yüzden buradan yazıyorum. bulamadığınız bios konusunda yardımcı olabilirim bu konuyla ilgili yetkili kişiler geri dönüş yaparsa sevinirim.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody
      My name is Axy and Iam glad to be here

Comment

Hello and thanks for the welcome :-)

My name is Brian and my background (work and interests) are in electronics, computer hardware, networking and software (application, server and embedded).

I have been tinkering with things from childhood. I grew up with Commodore 64's and Amiga 500 moving onto a DX 2 66Mhz. My Degree is in electronics, but my career has been mainly in firmware and software development. I still like to tinker with hardware though and still like to take broken stuff apart and try to fix it which is what lead me here :-)

Comment

Hello! I'm AnErrupTion, 15 years old and French. I joined this forum mostly for the software/PC hardware side of it, but I still enjoy the rest!

Comment

Hello, I have come to this forum looking for information about resetting the BIOS password of my Surface Pro 4, which I put to disable the camera and microphone and now I can't put it because the touch fails and the blue tooth keyboard does not connect , but come on, it's not vitally important either, so I'm going to patiently read the messages about it to see if I'm able to understand it. Thanks to all of you who posted them.

Comment

Hi,
              not much to say,
              I'm 16 and want to learn board repairs. My current project is an iPhone 7, it has the usual Audio IC bendy issue. It's amazing how skilled some people are, this stuff is really hard and painfully expensive! Luckily my dad had a high quality microscope, otherwise I would've had to save like 400€ for a decent one, a microscope stand alone costs 100€, i opted for a 20€ monitor arm with a 3D printed bracket. A proper hot air station of eBay is also 100€, lots of videos say you shouldn't get a cheap one, I opted for a 30€ one of Ali-express (858D clone), works just fine! Soldering iron, iFixit kit, flux, solder, ... I got for Christmas. I'm currently using Phoneboard and openboardviewer, buuut I can't open bvre files, which seem to be the majority of files (I determined that in 3 Minutes, aka probably false). Luckily Phoneboard has a iPhone 7 boardfile pre-installed. Imagine spending 147€ on software, sure it is a great piece of software, but I'm 16, I'm not starting a repair business anytime soon. Still it would be nice to be able to use more of the board files on this forum, without having a indirect paywall. Other than that I've been having the time of my life, board level repairs are way more intense than regular repairs. Baking my moms Mac Book chassis in the kitchen oven after dumping it in alcohol to displace the tea I knocked on it is about 1/6 as entertaining or thrilling as just de-soldering the Audio IC and I haven't even accomplished anything.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and it's great!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                My name is sonny and am here to share and provide any knowledge and help if possible. I have been doing repair at a component level for many years. Once again thank you all.

Comment

Hi,
                  GReat side. Hope we can crack some tough apple nuts here.

Comment

Hello Everyone
                    I'm Max
                    I repair laptops and Monitors and Console (only PlayStations) and their gamepads for living
                    Greetings to all

Comment

Hi Everyone - I'm Dave.

After (what I thought was) a successful remedy to spilling lime water into my laptop about a year ago, a component popped - probably due to too much thermal paste... anyway, I have some experience with electronics but zero experience with surface mount technology (my specialty is software)

Very happy that I found this site and hopefully able to gain the knowledge to fix this as opposed to having to purchase a new one!

Comment

Hey everyone! Hobby repairer here, trying to expand. Currently working in a few Acer Nitro 5s...

Comment

Hi you all.

My name is JAREK.

Living in Ireland.

Im doing automotive electronics so might be able to help in this matter.

Other electronics is my hobby.

Cheers

Comment

Hi everyone
                            Im Nico & Im 18 years old, Im from Colombia.
                            Now Im searching a way in my life & for the moment are the electronic repairs.
                            I began with mobile phones, mainly I enjoy the pad reconstruction works.
                            I hope to learn so much.
                            Ty..

Comment

Good afternoon ! I'm Dmitry, I'm 48 years old, I'm from Kyrgyzstan. I'm in electronics and want to join your community

Comment

hi guys!
                                i'm yuri from msk, ru and i'm a poor guy who needs help with the probook which was stupidly locked while travelling.

Comment

Amateur DIYer and TV fixer guy here. Thanks for the welcome and for allowing me to join your community. I look forward to diving into the wealth of tech knowledge here!

Comment

Directed to here by a member of another audio forum for a post here that could potentially resolve a capacitor related issue with my Yamaha audio receiver display brightness, or rather lack there of!

Couldn't believe there is a dedicated forum for bad capacitors! Hopefully this particular post will help me fix the display brightness issue.

Comment

Hello,

I am Sam from Los Angeles. No electronics background, project management for 30 years. Have interest in BIOS and its settings.

Comment

Hi. My name is Dan. I studied electronics back in the 90's and used to build desktops for my school. I have been away from the game for some time, and looking to get back into it. I am an industrial maintenance tech, so I have some knowledge with mechanical and electrical things. That being said, I acquired several "locked" dell laptops and am struggling to get them unlocked.

Comment

I'm a vintage audio restorer, mostly working on professional reel to reel machines.
                                          Since the vinyl record resurrection of the last 10 years and vinyl masters are best made from a 2 track master tape most recording studio's pulled out their 30, 40 or even older reel to reel recorders out of a forgotten closet and got surprised by a cloud of magic smoke when hooking them up to the mains.
                                          Anyway, I'm very happy my hobby became my job, and I'm fortunate to be able to work from my home.
                                          My first experience with computers at school in the early 70's was a Digital Equipment Corporation, or DEC PDP-8/E. My first personal computer was a Sinclair ZX80 (81)
                                          PJzzz (Jean-Pierre)

Comment

Working...
                                          X