This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Morning all, just stumbled across this site after viewing a video on YouTube. I’ve been tinkering since I was a youngster fixing radios from jumble sales way back in the early eighties. A radio amateur via the old city and guilds route, I’m now working in transport but still have that enthusiasm to tinker with anything electronic. Live in Leicestershire UK and hoping to get some answers from you all to cut down on some of the head scratching ��
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

Comment

Greetings

I'm Kirch - a bit of a greybeard jargon-file-styled hacker with just enough experience with circuits & a soldering iron to be overconfident enough to try fixing some of my old dead electronics. Eventually, I'd like to get into HAM, but mostly I try to build music equipment. I'm cheap & nerdy so I try to DIY before anything (and that's probably a bit because of ADHD - but IDK) - this site looks cool, glad to have found it.

Comment

Hi all. I am also a greybeard old-skool hacker. Started with computers back in the late 1970s on an Exidy Sorcerer Been a HAM on and off since I was 12. Currently work as the Chief Technologist for an international human rights NGO. Love computers, communications technology, and electronics of all kinds. Love to repair, mod, design and build things. Would like to start playing with mechatronics and AI.

Comment

Hi Name is Mohamed, fro cairo Egypt, 31 Years old.
          interested in learning electronics maintenance
          i'm a communication engineer with a little hint on electronics

Comment

Hey folks, new member here who likes to fix things from the SF Bay Area!

Comment

hi. I'm flow. amateur repair person in NZ.

Comment

Hello All !

My name is Maciej i came form Poland.

Present I work as a Electronic Repair Technican. I work with VFD , servos, modules PLC board and other industrial Stuff.

I like old computers like Amiga 500 and old console like SNES SEGA MEGADRIVE.

All best for you and your repairs !

Comment

I am an "electronicist", self-taught since the age of 10. Obviously, I started with magnets, loudspeakers, wires stretched on the house in the village and EFD108 diodes. During theoretical high school I played with Frequency Audio Amplifiers. In the end I became a Radio-Tv troubleshooter..
                  I am still passionate about many related parts of electronics and I still have a lot to learn, that's why I was happy to find out about your Forum and to register.
                  Hello and welcome to everyone!

Comment

hello fellow forum members, I am from Hungary, I am an enthusiastic amateur looking for information

Comment

Hello forum members i am new with a Legion y740 laptop, sorry for my english xDD

Comment

hello my name is Salim but everyone calls me Sam
                        I try my hand at everything and usually get it done but when it comes to electronics and smd parts that's something new repairing computers no problem with hardware or software
                        but I want to learn motherboard-level fixing of parts and finding shorts
                        voltage injection etc

Comment

Hi, my first post on a Forum, not sure if I am doing this right.

Comment

hiiiii

Comment

Hi all! New member here trying to learn a bit more about cooking, i mean electronics

Thanks

Comment

Learn Electronics Repair on youtube sent me here. :-)

Comment

Greetings from The Netherlands

As a kid I tried repairing a PC with my dad, over 25 years ago now. Not knowing the PSU was set to 110 instead of our 220V, we managed to just get a lot of noise and smoke.

Signed up to dig into BIOS resetting as I think I need some help on recovery.

Comment

Hi, thanks for having me!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all!!))

Comment

Hello from Ukraine )

Comment

Working...
                                          X