This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, my name is Yoandi, I live in Cuba and I have a small laptop repair shop. This forum has always been very useful for me, and my intention is to participate more from now on, before my internet connection was quite limited. I hope I can contribute in some way. Greetings to all.

Comment

Hello from wet and windy SoCal! It's really weird to look out my window and see snow on the nearby mountains, especially considering I'm only a few miles from the ocean!

Anyways, I joined up here so I could see the pictures/attachments included in the threads regarding repairing the Delta Electronics "ADP-40VP" Power Supply. I just bought a used Netgear GS724T and when I went to plug it in I heard a "pop" and smelled phenolic. Looking at the PS I don't see anything physically wrong (no swelled caps), but it's definitely dead.

Although my soldering skills are quite rusty, I've resurrected a dead APC UPS before by replacing a bad cap, so I've figure I've got nothing to lose.

Comment

Hi everyone, hope all is safe and sound

Comment

Hello from Czech Republic. I must say THANK YOU ALL. I saved my two older laptops thanks to this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm the only one Italian man around here?

Comment

hi new here

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. hope someone can help me

Comment

Hello from Seattle!
                  Listening to Drab Majesty, Chime, Deftones, and other Rushdown Label artists. Professional tech.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm completely new to electronics. I haven't the slightest clue about most of the things you talk about but always willing to learn. Funny thing is I was just trying to fix a old boss amplifier, then realized that I enjoyed sitting there trying to figure out what component did what. So now that's how I spend my free time trying to teach my self electronics repair.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am from Turkiye. Thank you very much for creating such a beautiful and functional site. It helps me a lot to solve my problems and learn new things.

Comment

Hello trying to lean something and recapping a vintage capacitor testor. Heath kit conderser checker. bought new caps but some do not show polarity , hi to all thankyou

Comment

Hello all. Im Marlon from Brasil, studying eletronics for work on motherboard and gpu.

Comment

Hi everyone on Badcaps. My name is Steve, I live in Spain , emigrated from the UK 15 years ago. I fix most electronic items, white or brown goods to component level. I'm really happy to find a community of like minded people. I'm rebuilding my house, getting a divorce and working self employed doing mostly building work for others as well as myself. Currently fixing an iMac A1418 with a dead power supply, I know what's wrong but need your community for component info. I'll post the repair here for all of us. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I am ET from Penang looking forward to learn from the team. Thank you.

Comment

Hi, guys.
                                I'm come from Taiwan.
                                My name is Jeff.
                                Nice to meet you.

Comment

Hi. Mitech. A computer repairer with a drive to learn. Hope to learn more from each and everyone of you thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm Shawn. I've done some board repair and BIOS modding on my own in the past, but maybe it's time for me to collaborate with others in my endeavors.

Comment

Hello, everyone, my name is Chen wei from China. 42 years old, engaged in laptop repair. Would be glad to communicate with you in this, and learning. Hope that we care a lot

Comment

Hi new here, Brazilian 21 years old

Comment

Hi together from Germany :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X