• Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 60PFL8708S/12 On Infinite Boot Loop No Logo, Only Backlight

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    the USB should be bootable MBR ..
    how to do USB stick MBR with windows DISKPART

Code:
    Open command terminal and type DISKPART

# Show all disks (aka drives, like hard drives or removable media).
    DISKPART> list disk

# Select a disk to operate on.
    DISKPART> select disk [number identifying USB flash drive]

# Delete all partitions, resulting in a blank disk.
    DISKPART> clean

# If the USB drive is using the GPT layout, the "list disk" command output
    # above will show an asterisk in the last "Gpt" column. If this is the
    # case, issue this command to change it to the MBR layout.
    DISKPART> convert mbr

# Create a primary partition (using MBR).
    DISKPART> create partition primary

# Show all partitions (should just be the one newly-created partition).
    DISKPART> list partition

# Select the primary partition to operate on (only 1 partition exists).
    DISKPART> select partition 1

# Make the primary partition active (aka bootable).
    # This command will fail if the USB drive is using the GPT layout.
    DISKPART> active

# Format the active primary partition using FAT32.
    # To do a full format, instead of a quick format, omit the "quick" flag.
    DISKPART> format fs=fat32 quick

# Assign a drive letter to the primary partition
    # (just in case Windows didn't already do it).
    DISKPART> assign

# Quit DiskPart.
    DISKPART> exit
    Cool, I am doing that right now, hope the tv can work with this stick.

Comment

No luck, still the same boot loop..

Btw, idk if it is helpful, the LED in front blinks twice, then there is a short pause and another two blinks, this happens during the display of backlight.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDIY View Post
        No luck, still the same boot loop..

Btw, idk if it is helpful, the LED in front blinks twice, then there is a short pause and another two blinks,
        remove heatsink and apply BGA to the chip

Comment

Will do, danke schön!

Comment

So now a Tv equipped with Arm Cpu/proprietary bootloader is able to run pc based booting mbr.. how much fantasy..
            the correct way to examine this set is to access Level 2 diagnostic with SDM, if confirmed error 53 then CPU soldering problem..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 03-04-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              So now a Tv equipped with Arm Cpu/proprietary bootloader is able to run pc based booting mbr.. how much fantasy..
              the correct way to examine this set is to access Level 2 diagnostic with SDM, if confirmed error 53 then CPU soldering problem..
              if you nothings have to do... don't hijack threat yours master involved with..
              and incase you cant read i can send you new 4° glass to read clearly POST #4

so this forum become really upsetting.. time to leave it.

Comment

why i can't repeat it? i have read all things

Comment

if you nothings have to do... don't hijack threat yours master involved with..
                  and incase you cant read i can send you new 4° glass to read clearly POST #4

so this forum become really upsetting.. time to leave it.
                  Sure wouldn't be missing MUCH, this forum is deader than my grandmaw.

Comment

... and surely you are not my master..

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                      Mainboard 3104 303 54946 B
                      3104 313 66186 B
                      Would 3104 303 54945 also work?

Comment

Does anyone know?

Comment

I went and bought a main board (same part number Mainboard 3104 303 54946 B), but coming from a working 47PFL6678K/12 with a cracked screen.
                          So after installing the tv responds to every remote control input but the screen stays black throughout, although there is an increase in brightness coming from the backlighting after pressing the smart button.
                          I am also able to power the tv off with the remote, and am getting no LED blinking after powering on.
                          Is this main board not plug and play interchangeable between these models? Am I supposed to load model specific software or smth?

Comment

Name your panel code using the remote.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I did it and it went to standbymode right after I punched in the last panel code digit. But now when I attempt to turn the tv on I am stuck in a boot loop with a blinking LED .. (it goes first a short flash LED on as it is powering on the display, then follows a code; 1 blink ---pause--- 2 blinks and a restart some 5 seconds after.

Comment

Any other idea?

Comment

Did you enter the correct code? Download the service manual, I posted it in post 10 and see the error codes and how to see the SDM error code.

Comment

47PFL6678K & 60PFL8708S MB als HW are same... but the TV info are different which the panel code of the 60 will not match model No of the replacement MB.
                                    if SDM didn't come on and displaying on screen. then you have only way to put yours old MB SPI on the new one and run firmware downgrade or upgrade to have the TV fixed.

Comment

Really.. that sounds difficult.. I mean I can solder and am somewhat technical but I was hoping for a plug and play fix.. is there really no other way? Maybe find the motherboard from the same model and sell this one?
                                      Also, how to identify the SPI? Is it a difficult job?

Comment

47PFL6678K & 60PFL8708S MB als HW are same... but the TV info are different which the panel code of the 60 will not match model No of the replacement MB.
                                        if SDM didn't come on and displaying on screen. then you have only way to put yours old MB SPI on the new one and run firmware downgrade or upgrade to have the TV fixed.
                                        Also why is it needed to downgrade or upgrade after switching the SPI? Thsnks for your ideas, I appreciate it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchdiy View Post
                                          really.. That sounds difficult.. I mean i can solder and am somewhat technical but i was hoping for a plug and play fix.. Is there really no other way? Maybe find the motherboard from the same model and sell this one?
                                          Also, how to identify the spi? Is it a difficult job?
                                          spi - 7ct3 25p10vp
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X