LG OLED65C9PUA no audio/video after delicate move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG OLED65C9PUA no audio/video after delicate move

Ok, so I was reading a SONY TCON troubleshooting pdf and came across the advice of loosening the LVDS cable and to "gently rock the cable in and out of the connector" looking for a response. It turned out to be the bottom(closest to the 4 ribbon cables that connect to the panel) LVDS cable that causes the TV to shutdown, so I gently put in one corner and started rocking the other end in and came up with this image below. It's essentially the setup screen squished and repeated 4 times. If I plug that bottom LVDS cable in all the way it immediately shuts down like before.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, gently rocking the cable every so slightly has me teetering between having a full screen image with the yellow line or shutting down.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Xavier847 View Post
        Ok, gently rocking the cable every so slightly has me teetering between having a full screen image with the yellow line or shutting down.
        good try.. but my notice at my post #8 remain in place. as i can see from the photo only (G & B ) working .. no R, hopefully this Red cutoff caused by t_CON not at panel self caused by the transport.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          good try.. but my notice at my post #8 remain in place. as i can see from the photo only (G & B ) working .. no R, hopefully this Red cutoff caused by t_CON not at panel self caused by the transport.
          In post #8 you said "unless you hit the front of the panel within your transport"

Is this only G & B symptom indicative of a pressure on the front of the panel with no cracks or marks?

I had a Google Fiber technician in my house while my OLED TV was in the box lying on the floor and he set his bag on the box. I quickly told him to take it off. The TV was in a Home Depot TV box with padding and a blanket so there's no markings from it, but I'm not sure how much his bag weighed.
          Last edited by Xavier847; 12-22-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

he set his bag on the box. I quickly told him to take it off.
            OLED Panel Module very thin, specially the OLED RGB film layer under the protective front glass. most issue got damage at this Film Layer ( broken joint points as they are so many and in micro/nano size) of course with out any remark on the front surface.. but let hopes this not the case and the cutoff of R caused by the original T-CON ,as you said the clips may bad.

Comment

but let hopes this not the case and the cutoff of R caused by the original T-CON ,as you said the clips may bad.
              OK, T-CON board arrives tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Installed T-CON and exact same problem persists. Such a bummer.

Comment

Installed T-CON and exact same problem persists. Such a bummer.
                  i don't know about yours land.. by if this happened in my land i can reclaim the google worker and let his company recover the lost as they have insurance to worker when they attend customer house. between one OLED like small potato to them.

Comment

i don't know about yours land.. by if this happened in my land i can reclaim the google worker and let his company recover the lost as they have insurance to worker when they attend customer house. between one OLED like small potato to them.
                    ya, I opened a ticket with the Google Fiber. It's going to take a bit of time to resolve, especially with the holidays. I'll update as it progresses.

Thanks so much for your help. I've seen your posts as I searched the forums for a resolution and prayed that you would respond to my thread when I decided to make it after not finding a direct solution. You're a great help and amazing resource to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                    X