Digihome Vestel 500UNDC TV loses picture after a few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome Vestel 500UNDC TV loses picture after a few seconds

Vestel 500UNDC using a vestel 17PS20 power board. Backlights come on and picture shows for a few seconds and then goes dark. Sound is fine. Is this a problem with the led strips or the backlight driver ? Many thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-15-2021, 09:19 PM. Reason: Vestel 500UNDC

Re: Digihome TV loses picture after a few seconds

More than likely the leds. But as you haven't stated whether you have checked anything then it could be either! I suggest you get your meter out and check the output voltage for the leds. One lead on chassis other on the output connector. Check for highest voltage across the terminals.

Comment

Re: Digihome Vestel 500UNDC TV loses picture after a few seconds

I have tested the leds with my home built LED tester. They light up and if you power on the rest of the set we get a normal picture ( a little dim with my led tester) and sound.
      In normal operation the leds come on for just a second So it appears that the drive circuit is shutting down. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Re: Digihome Vestel 500UNDC TV loses picture after a few seconds

The problem could be with either! Led testers do not output the correct driver current compared to the psu led driver circuit and I have had led connectors go slightly high resistance and shut down the driver board! This has caused hours of head scratching before! If you suspect this then best way to check is to see if the output voltage is fluctuating on the led tester. It will be a good indicator as to issues with the leds or the connectors between the strips. Checking the connectors is easiest carried out by monitoring the voltage drop across the connectors. If it is very low then good if it higher compared to other connectors then wire bridge the connector. Obviously you will have to use the led tester to check the voltage drop across the connectors.
        Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X