Source for LG LGE5532 BGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for LG LGE5532 BGA

Are there any reasonable sources for the LG LGE5532 XD Engine BGA? I know ali express lists them, but that's a crap shoot. I'm working on an LG 65UF6450 that most likely has a bad BGA. I can't find a replacement mainboard EBT64049103 at all either. I have access to suitable equipment to do the work.

Side note: I haven't had to get replacement boards in awhile and it seems like almost everything is sold out these days.

Re: Source for LG LGE5532 BGA

If it has a bad BGA just replace the balls, unless you mean bad chip. Then it's either Ali or a scrap board.

Comment

It was the product of what I told was a lightning strike, so I'm guessing it is the entire chip. When I say BGA, I assume that means the entire chip, not just a reball. I don't get the BL_ON signal to ever go high so the backlights never fire, although PS_ON does work. Using a flashlight I can see colored snow on the right side, blank on the other. I never can see a menu and there is no sound. Disconnecting TCON ribbons gives me the expected white screens. I liked it a lot better when manufacturers used separate HDMI switches and you could generally just replace those alone without blowing the main IC.

I don't keep enough stock of TV's to keep scrap boards around, and sadly it seems that finding replacement mainboards is like striking gold. Guess I'll be rolling the dice on aliexpress.

Comment

BGA stands for ball grid array, the solder balls on the bottom of the chip.
        Doing a search for LGE5532 gives only this page as a result, is there a typo ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          BGA stands for ball grid array, the solder balls on the bottom of the chip.
          Doing a search for LGE5532 gives only this page as a result, is there a typo ?
          I understand BGA is ball grid array as a land pattern. Probably a product of my work. If I say to someone, go replace the BGA, and we only have one on a specific board (like and FPGA or something similar), it is implied I guess what is meant.

Yes I did have a fast finger typo. Looking at the LGE 5332.

Comment

Ask Suny from SEE-IC, I think they have it in stock.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
              Ask Suny from SEE-IC, I think they have it in stock.
              I just checked their website and ebay page, I don't see the LGE5332

Comment

Ask Suny directly on Skype: suny_chips. Their website is not updated regularly and they have higher prices on ebay to cover ebay's commission. I've been dealing with her for over 6 years and she's by far the best sales rep I've ever talked to.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                X