Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Yeah, I tried that this evening. No joy. If I pressed the Q-tip into the screen harder than I thought reasonable I could get a small area of the black spot to lighten, but it was temporary. Very, very temporary. Sometime in the next day or so I'll pull the back side covers and put a meter on the driver board chips and see what I have.

Another quick question... What SHOULD I be seeing on the screen with one of the T-con cables disconnected, assuming that the screen was good?
    Last edited by cozwurth; 04-20-2023, 08:41 PM.
    Dave

Comment

I would think you would see half of a good screen, if you were feeding it video then half screen of video, or like if there's text that says no signal or such then that half should display the text on that half same for the other side with the other side unhooked.

Comment

I pulled to other covers off of the back this evening. I'm not seeing anything that seems to be shorted out. Only one side of the chips have continuity to ground. At this point I have not pulled the ground tape off of the driver boards to flip them down to look at the other side of the ribbon cables, but I don't see anything that looks unusual from what I can see through them where they attach to the boards.
        Dave

Comment

I was reading in another thread (Hisense 50P6) with a similar problem.

Diah posted the following: (post #6)
          disconnect the LVDS from T-CON side and turn on... if the BL come on then follow the test

- keep the LVDS disconnected from T-CON side.. make jumper wire between the power boards 12V line and feed it direct on F1 ( black fuse ) on the T-CON and turn on see how the screen look.

if the first point the BL didn't come on... but u still have the 12V on PWB ... do the point 2 but use torch light to discover what the screen displaying.

I did that, and there was no change in the display on the screen, but I did get a steady green LED in the middle of the T-con board. The backlights did come on even with the cable between the main board and the T-con removed. I'm not sure that it is a valid test for this T-con board, though.
          Dave

Comment

I finally took my multi-meter to the driver boards this evening. T-con ribbon cables disconnected.

Right side board:
            All CAPS have cont to ground on one side.
            one (1) resistor (R153) has cont to ground on both sides. = shorted

Left side board is where things seem to get really ugly:
            All CAPS have cont to ground on one side.
            Resistor R2 and R3 cont to ground on both sides.
            R146 cont to ground on one side, 100 ohms across (wonder why my meter did not beep?)
            R163 cont to ground on one side, 560 ohms across (again, no beep)
            The following resistors had cont to ground on one side, i did not check cont across these:
            R150, 151, 155, 156, 222, 236, 244, 227, 242, 240, 232, 248, 250, 226, 179, 111, 113, 115

I'm pretty sure that this confirms my screen is toast?

Funny thing is that the sticky goo was mostly on the right side of the TV.
            Last edited by cozwurth; 04-26-2023, 04:51 PM. Reason: add info
            Dave

Comment

I have the same exact model Hisense 58R6E3 with the same problem. I have ordered a t-con board as the t-con test doesn't work for me. weather one ribbon is connected or both disconnected same result just the backlights light up. I'm not investing much to try to repair it. if the t-con board doesn't work then in the trash it goes.

Comment

Check those components on the panel driver boards, the easiest to check are the little brown mlc caps, check that none are shorted which means shows continuity, check with a probe on each end of cap and check that none show very low ohms, also look them over very closely, sometimes you can tell they are bad by seeing hairline crack/s and such. Might also run across bad diode packs or resistors.

Comment

Hey everyone! Anyone got to find a solution for this problem? I have the same model and same issue. Checked caps and resistors everywhere with a cap meter, no shorts. One interesting thing I’ve found is that the led strip leads, one shows 12V and the other one only about 7V.. ��

Comment

Originally posted by ransoms.juggles View Post
                    Hey everyone! Anyone got to find a solution for this problem? I have the same model and same issue. Checked caps and resistors everywhere with a cap meter, no shorts. One interesting thing I've found is that the led strip leads, one shows 12V and the other one only about 7V.. ��
                    Exact same issue? Did you do all tests here as well? Cause in post 26 on this thread it looks like his panel is toast.

How are you testing the LED? You have backlight but no picture? If it differs at all start a new thread

Comment

I am by no means an expert in electronics, just a hobbyist.Yes, it does have backlights on, and you can hear the sound. I checked fuse, and swapped main board and t-con. At this point I am afraid that the problem is in the driver boards since the screen is intact. The right side side shows a white screen when the left side is disconnected from the T-CON. But the left side shows a faded dark gray when connected alone. I measure the clock voltages in both left and right driver boards and they all read 8.2V. I couldn't find a bad capacitor yet. So I am a little lost..

Comment

Originally posted by ransoms.juggles View Post
                        I am by no means an expert in electronics, just a hobbyist.Yes, it does have backlights on, and you can hear the sound. I checked fuse, and swapped main board and t-con. At this point I am afraid that the problem is in the driver boards since the screen is intact. The right side side shows a white screen when the left side is disconnected from the T-CON. But the left side shows a faded dark gray when connected alone. I measure the clock voltages in both left and right driver boards and they all read 8.2V. I couldn't find a bad capacitor yet. So I am a little lost..
                        upload photos of yours white half screen and other green faded ... also do in reserve way the ribbon disconnected between T-CON and Panel... show us the result in photo too.

Comment

A few of us are tackling what appears to be this same situation in this thread:
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...audio-no-image

I have posted some pictures there, if that's helpful.

Comment

Working...
                          X