Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    have not heard of this before, where did you get this info from?
    I think he means the left side of the panel is shorted to ground...so the tape method may not be as effective.
    Last edited by TVAddict; 12-11-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

yeah the tape method does not work for me either any solutionists

Comment

I see, test the components on that board for shorts, if you can post a good picture of that driver board.

Comment

Has anyone already solved the problem?

Comment

How do you guys expect help, when NONE of you bother to post pictures, I asked for good pictures of panel driver boards. You want help then do that slightest bit of work, or don't, doesn't really matter, maybe take up another hobby or another career.

Comment

I have the same model TV with a very similar sounding problem. After reading though the thread and seeing a request for pics I took a couple of mine.
              First pic is an overall of the back with the cover removed. Next are the main board and the T-con board. The pic with the half-lit screen has the T-con cable on the dark side disconnected. The pic with the half lit screen on one side and multi-color streaks on the other side has the first T-con cable reconnected and the other cable disconnected. Screen is black with both connected. A little history on this one... It had some mysterious sticky goo in the back panel, and in the lower trim where all of the ribbon cables connect to the driver boards. I think the lady's kids spilled something in it. I carefully cleaned things with a lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol. I'm guessing that the screen is shot based on what I'm seeing, but that's just a guess on my part. Thoughts?
              Attached Files
              Dave

Comment

Can check the little mlc capacitors on the thin panel driver boards for shorts or very low ohms, see if you can detect any damage on the tab bonds, sometimes liquid cleaners which should not be used, will drip down and mess things up, also can try tape cut-off method, which will work on many tvs including this model.

Comment

Can check the little mlc capacitors on the thin panel driver boards for shorts or very low ohms, see if you can detect any damage on the tab bonds, sometimes liquid cleaners which should not be used, will drip down and mess things up, also can try tape cut-off method, which will work on many tvs including this model.
                  I wish it was a cleaner that leaked in there... It looked more like some sort of dried soft drink. Dark and sticky. Blech... At any rate, I'll do a bit of research on the tape cut-off method and take a closer look at the panel driver boards. The dark side of the screen had the worst of it.
                  Dave

Comment

OK, I was finally able to do a bit more checking on this thing. First, I plugged it in and turned it on to check for the 12 VDC signal at what I think is the main fuse. Maybe it's not a fuse... That's the part I'm pointing to with my test lead in the first pic. I saw 12 volts at the - side as labeled on the board, but not across it. The + side has continuity to the ground plane, which I thought was strange. There are several other similar components that behave the same way. I also checked for voltage at the test points at the lower ribbon cables. Nothing. I did not see any damage to the ribbon cables between the panel and the driver boards. I have not checked for shorts or continuity there yet.

I know this is the same make/model TV as the OP, and it has the same symptoms, but should I start a new thread?
                    Attached Files
                    Dave

Comment

The fuse here is listed as F1, but what you specify is a protective diode.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now you see the fuse in Lotas picture, just test fuse for continuity which is done with tv unplugged from power. Then see if you have about 12 volts on each end of fuse, neg. probe on chassis ground, pos. probe on each end when plugged back in and turned on or if you have the 12 volts on each side then you know the fuse is good and no need for continuity check.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-18-2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Lotas, thank you. That fuse is tiny... And I see now that the thing I was pointing to is labeled as "D6".
                          nomoresonys, the fuse has good continuity, I checked it before I left for work this morning since it was out. Is there anything else to look at before I put it back in the TV to check for voltage? I should be able to get it back in the TV this evening to do the voltage checks.
                          Dave

Comment

You mean you took the fuse out? no need for that just to test it.

Comment

from yours photos post #26 of screen and the black spot .. you have burned panel .. i have doubt if you can fix it neither masking will not help.

Comment

I didn't even notice that black spot, I see there's a thin black line running right up the middle of it the length of the screen vertically.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-19-2023, 08:47 AM.

Comment

You mean you took the fuse out? no need for that just to test it.
                                  LOL, no, not the fuse itself. I meant the T-con board was out, but I can see where you were on that one.
                                  While I had the board out I used the ohm/diode setting on my multimeter and checked out the three diodes in the area of the fuse.
                                  D6 - 509 ohms with the leads touching correctly, infinite in the other direction.
                                  D10 - 128 ohms & infinite
                                  D3 - 235 ohms & infinite
                                  I put the board back in, plugged the TV back in, turned it on and checked for voltage at the fuse. 12.06V on both sides.
                                  While I was there I checked voltage at the diodes in the vicinity of the fuse. (-) lead on chassis ground.
                                  D6 - 0V on + side, 12V on - side
                                  D10 - 12.7V on +, 15.3 on -
                                  D3 - 15.14V on +, 0V on -

I'm no electronics wizard by any stretch of the imagination, but the voltage reading on D6 looks off to me.
                                  I'll have to pull the panels off the sides to get to the thin driver boards. I did check continuity to ground (unplugged & T-con disconnected) on the few that I could get to and only got a reading on one side. Those few don't seem to be shorted.

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                  from yours photos post #26 of screen and the black spot .. you have burned panel .. i have doubt if you can fix it neither masking will not help.
                                  I'm thinking that the panel is dead, too, but I'm just guessing. The large dark spot in the screen definitely looks like an issue with the panel, and there are a lot of vertical lines in the screen when I have one of the cables disconnected, so I'm not overly optimistic here. I had never seen the screen lit up until I disconnected one of the cables.
                                  Dave

Comment

Lol, that cracked me up, I kinda thought you meant you took out the tcon after I thought about it. Don't diodes just let voltage flow in one direction, so maybe D10 has a problem? Zener diodes allow flow in both directions but are usually labeled starting with a Z, pretty sure D10 is not a zener.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-19-2023, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm def not an expert on this stuff... Yes, diodes are supposed to let voltage flow in one direction only. The confusing thing is that I have 0V on the + side, but 12V on the - side. I'm pretty sure I'm just wizzing in the wind with this thing, but I would like to learn something. I can get a T-con board on the big auction site pretty cheap, but if that's not the problem, or if the screen is also completely blitzed then there is not much sense in replacing it.
                                      Last edited by cozwurth; 04-19-2023, 06:22 PM.
                                      Dave

Comment

I guess there's not much that can be done, I saw some videos on youtube in the recent past where they would rub the screen on the edges of black circles and they would go away, these guys say it's hopeless tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YDwiQevzDU
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-19-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F59mxBCW9Gw

Comment

Working...
                                          X