LG Oled65c8pla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Oled65c8pla

Hi everyone, some time ago I received a broke OLED65C8PLA that someone was going to throw away. He said that the screen is not broken, just that it slowly stopped working.
    I accepted the challenge even if I`m not and advanced repair man.

Here is a description of the behavior: When I plug in the TV, the small led in middle lights up, then if I turn it on you can hear the small relay turning on (the screen remains dark), then in about 5 seconds you can hear the relay again like its turning back off.
    First thing I want to do is test the power supply. I have a picture here from a manual that I found thanks to this forum, but no sure how to test everything. It says to "Check the DC 12VT line for ST-BY Voltage (ST-BY : 7.8V, Normal : 12V)".
    When the TV is of, on the 12VT_ON pin there is no voltage. The only pin where there is voltage is the 12VM pin, which has 7.5V. That`s probably what keeps it on in standby.
    When I turn the TV on, in those 5 seconds, the 12VM pin goes to 12V, and the Power ON pin goes to 3 V. Still no voltage on 12VT_ON.
    Maybe somebody has a advice about where to go from here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-05-2021, 07:06 AM. Reason: LG

Re: Oled65c8pla

Hello, I just repaired one of these models and the relay would just click. On the power supply the relay had cold solder joints. Same symptom as you, slowly got worse to the point the tv wouldn’t say on for then a second or 2.

Comment

Re: Oled65c8pla

Unfortunately mine looks pretty good. So, I don`t think it would be such an easy fix. Although I could just force the relay in close position, but I think that is a bad idea :P
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: LG Oled65c8pla

Can anyone confirm that I should have some voltage on the 12VT_ON line when its in standby?

Comment

Working...
        X