Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Originally posted by lotas View Post
    Great thank you, ordered! Due on the 6th Jan, will be back on here then, wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
      Great thank you, ordered! Due on the 6th Jan, will be back on here then, wish me luck!
      might come sooner as royal mail first class singed for, fingers crossed tv works fine after fittment

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        might come sooner as royal mail first class singed for, fingers crossed tv works fine after fittment
        Lets hope so!

Anyway, any videos or advise on how to change board? There doesn't appear to be any boards and don't want to try and force it off.

Comment

Lets hope so!

Anyway, any videos or advise on how to change board? There doesn't appear to be any boards and don't want to try and force it off.
          Like that
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5eOQ-ASxY
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOr8rLj_rTk
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8lu5XAVHAI

Comment

Legend Lotas, cheers

Comment

So the board arrived this morning! I replaced the old one and the TV is back up and working!

Thank you both for your help on this, I had assumed my TV couldn't be repaired! Its fairly simple as well, as long as you get the right parts.

Can I ask if it's possible to determine whats wrong with the old one, can you test the various components in some way?

Comment

Thats great news the replacement board ixed the issue.
                Reagding ficing the other board my guess as it would not take the fimware/software update one of the ics is faulty so may not be cost effective for you trying to repair it if you have not got the replacement ics/hot air station, solder/flux etc etc .

Comment

So the board arrived this morning! I replaced the old one and the TV is back up and working!

Thank you both for your help on this, I had assumed my TV couldn't be repaired! Its fairly simple as well, as long as you get the right parts.

Can I ask if it's possible to determine whats wrong with the old one, can you test the various components in some way?
                  Did you try hot air on the main processor ?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                    Thats great news the replacement board ixed the issue.
                    Reagding ficing the other board my guess as it would not take the fimware/software update one of the ics is faulty so may not be cost effective for you trying to repair it if you have not got the replacement ics/hot air station, solder/flux etc etc .
                    Fair point, probably trying to get too adventurous. You're right I don't have any of those items apart from the solder and flux.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      Did you try hot air on the main processor ?
                      Do you mean just getting a hair dryer and using that to apply hot air?

Comment

Do you mean just getting a hair dryer and using that to apply hot air?
                        Yes, we're not trying to melt the solder, just get some thermal expansion of the BGA.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                          Yes, we're not trying to melt the solder, just get some thermal expansion of the BGA.
                          Cheers thanks, tried this but no luck. So probably not worth the hassle. Got my TV back on anyway so a win win!!

Thank you to all.

Comment

Working...
                          X