samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Lotas when ordering a replacement main board which numbers do we use? im still learning myself i usually use the bn number (code bn41-02262) plus the cy-nn055hgev8h lcd panel number is this correct?
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-18-2021, 03:47 AM. Reason: changed model to code

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
      Ok I think I've attached the photo of what you mean. It says BN95-05414Q?

Do you think the board will be faulty, would the picture come on then? The picture test does work but inputs don't work nor is there any sound?

Also what board at the back do you think needs replacing?
      inputs and sound all go through the mainbord as you cant update it either the next step is too try a replacement in my opinion unless more experienced members can advise us better.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        Lotas when ordering a replacement main board which numbers do we use? im still learning myself i usually use the bn number (model bn41-02262) plus the cy-nn055hgev8h lcd panel number is this correct?
        If you order the mainboard for a specific Samsung model, then you need to use the number
        "BN94-XXXXXX"
        For example:
        Attached Files

Comment

The only place i can find with that exact board is out of stock so maybe a common issue https://www.tvparts.co.uk/lcd-tv-spa...7021kxxu-ver02

Comment

Does applying heat to the processor with a hairdryer/hot air make any difference ? I wonder if it's a BGA issue.

Comment

If his inputs do not work and there is no sound, then most likely the HDMI inputs are disabled (something was connected to "hot").

Comment

yoda79
                can you take a clear picture of this white sticker too many thanks
                Ok so this is on the mainboard ( the green one), does this help?

The number is BN94-12869M
                Attached Files

Comment

The only place i can find with that exact board is out of stock so maybe a common issue https://www.tvparts.co.uk/lcd-tv-spa...7021kxxu-ver02
                  Would this be the same one as well?

https://www.electromix.co.uk/main-pc...8240-wx2a.html

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                    If his inputs do not work and there is no sound, then most likely the HDMI inputs are disabled (something was connected to "hot").
                    So on odd occasions I could get inputs to works, could only switch via the buttons on the tv itself but whilst i got picture, got no sound.

Sorry can I ask what you mean connected too HOT?
                    Last edited by Yoda79; 12-18-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

So just checked this once again and managed to get the fire stick on the HDMI port displaying. Although the round circle suggesting its thinking keep constantly coming as well as the message as per the photos. I've also uploaded a video (zip file) to show how its constantly cycling between the screen, then get the thinking circle and then the message after-which your back to the display from the input.
                      Attached Files

Comment

yes if it was me i would take a chance on buying it (but only you can make the decision buying it as may not solve the fault) i have just seen your post lower down good you managed too get it showing a picture again not sure whats causing that error message.

lotas may know could a faulty tcon cause this as its a picture setting issue?
                        Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-18-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

So on odd occasions I could get inputs to works, could only switch via the buttons on the tv itself but whilst i got picture, got no sound.

Sorry can I ask what you mean connected too HOT?
                          Connecting HDMI to "hot" is when the TV is connected to the AC power (inserted into the socket), the Internet network cable is inserted and you connect another device via HDMI, which is also connected to the AC, a static discharge occurs in the HDMI jack and the protective diodes, controllers, processor burn out ...
                          Always first you need to connect HDMI, first of all, then the Internet cable and lastly connect to the AC (insert into the socket)
                          And turn off HDMI last.

Comment

HDMI may also fail with EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) corruption.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Connecting HDMI to "hot" is when the TV is connected to the AC power (inserted into the socket), the Internet network cable is inserted and you connect another device via HDMI, which is also connected to the AC, a static discharge occurs in the HDMI jack and the protective diodes, controllers, processor burn out ...
                                Always first you need to connect HDMI, first of all, then the Internet cable and lastly connect to the AC (insert into the socket)
                                And turn off HDMI last.
                                That's interesting as I had been trying to connect the TV to my modem via a hardwired connection as opposed to connect via wireless and I would have connected my firestick to the TV while it's plugged in! So maybe that's what's caused the issue.

Comment

Yes it is.
                                  OK great advice here, thank you all. So if this is the right one might as well chance it and see if this solves my problem. Its £40 but prob worth the chance! This is definately the right one for my TV right?

Also, is it easy to change these over?

Comment

Hi all, just looking at that board I found. It has several numbers on it. The first number matches the sticker on the one within the tv on the green board (BN94-12869M) but the others on the product description do not?

It lists BN41-02662A BN40-00330B EL8240 WX2A, I can't find these on my TV. Is that a problem or is this the right one for my TV?

I know its a risk but for £45, I might as well give it a go.

Comment

3rd picture in post 56 i can see printed code BN41-02662A so yes should work ok in my opinion

Comment

BN40-00330B -TUNER
                                        The most important thing for you is that the part number BN94-12869M would correspond.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

BOARD BN41-02662A is the PCB number.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X