Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

It's not hard, you just put black - probe on chassis/metal back of tv and pos + probe on cathode/the side with the grey stripe, see if you have standby.

Comment

Ok... I'll try give it a go.
      Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

Voltage, filter cap(yellow), 39v. and it immediately starts to drain away. C6524

Testing 3.3v standby cathodes/diodes D6201 and D6201, both are 3.9v.

Connector CN6401 pins
        1=0
        2=0
        3=0
        4=0
        5=0
        6=0
        7=12.7v
        8=12.7v
        9=12.7v
        10=0
        11=0
        12=0
        13=0
        14=0

D6801-D6804
        Top =94v
        Bottom=4.7v

Does this help any, and allow us to move forward any.

My helper, Mick, wonders does anyone have a schematic/wiring diagram to hp him if there are any other suggestions for us to try

Thanks a lo.

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
          Sorry for the late reply.

Voltage, filter cap(yellow), 39v. and it immediately starts to drain away. C6524

Testing 3.3v standby cathodes/diodes D6201 and D6201, both are 3.9v.

Connector CN6401 pins
          1=0
          2=0
          3=0
          4=0
          5=0
          6=0
          7=12.7v
          8=12.7v
          9=12.7v
          10=0
          11=0
          12=0
          13=0
          14=0

D6801-D6804
          Top =94v
          Bottom=4.7v

Does this help any, and allow us to move forward any.

My helper, Mick, wonders does anyone have a schematic/wiring diagram to hp him if there are any other suggestions for us to try

Thanks a lo.
          You have made so many measurement errors and connector pinout counting.
          Below is my post #85:
          1) What DCV do you have on the main filter cap (yellow) C6524, measure right at the two legs of the cap?
          Be real careful since you are making measurement in the HOT DEADLY side of the circuit.

2) You can also test the 3.3V standby Voltage by checking at the Cathodes of D6201 and chassis GND.

3) Connector CN6401: You can test Voltages of the EVEN number pins on the top side of the board. the ODD number pin can be probed from the wire entrance side of the connector using skinny probe.

My reply to this post:

1) No way you can have only 39V on the main filter cap (yellow) C6524. If you measure it correctly right between the two legs of the cap, the Voltage reading should be around 330VDC.

2) Your test result of Voltage testing at D6201 CATHODE: Testing 3.3v standby cathodes/diodes D6201 and D6201, both are 3.9v. It means 3.3v Standby power supply is working so no way you can have 0V on the CN6401 pin 5 (see CN6401 picture attached). BTW, you mean D6202 in your reply, D6201 and D6202 are connected in parallel.

3) As I indicated in my post #85: Connector CN6401: You can test Voltages of the EVEN number pins on the top side of the board. the ODD number pin can be probed from the wire entrance side of the connector using skinny probe., and look at your report below:
          Connector CN6401 pins
          1=0
          2=0
          3=0
          4=0
          5=0
          6=0
          7=12.7v
          8=12.7v
          9=12.7v
          10=0
          11=0
          12=0
          13=0
          14=0

From what I see, you did not count the pin correctly as instructed, the CN6401 has EVEN and ODD number pin assignment, and the pin chart printed next to it, also see my attached picture.
          As you can see, to measure all the ODD number pins, you need to use skinny probe to probe at the wire entrance side of the connector, the EVEN number pins you can access from the top side of board.
          You can see that ODD number pin
          Pin 1 = N.C.
          Pin 3 = BL_ON
          Pin 5 = STBY 3.3V
          Pin 7 = AC_OFF_DET
          Pin 9 = POWER_ON
          Pin 11 = GND
          Pin 13 = 12VDC
          Pin 15 = 12VDC
          Pin 17 = 12VDC
          Pin 19 = GND
          Pin 21 = GND
          Pin 23 = GND
          Pin 25 = TCON_VCC12V
          Pin 27 = TCON_VCC 12V

For EVEN number pins, just look at the chart and see how pins are arranged.

Basically you need to start it all over correctly. Bad DATA makes it impossible to do remote troubleshooting.
          You need to read and follow the instructions. Bottom line right now is that the Standby power supply is working fine, your meter may be inaccurate because you show 3.9V at the CATHODE of D6201 so I do not know how you come up with 0V on STBY_3.3V pin 5 of CN6401 connector.
          Are you sure you want to pursue troubleshooting this TV?
          I put in lots of works to reply this thread.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by budm; 07-26-2020, 12:38 AM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Is looking like a mainboard issue, did you try turning tv on with the power button on the tv?

Comment

Yep, it's just making diagnosing this WAY harder than it has to be, do Bud's tests so we can see what's up, CN6401, test every pin, there's instructions in test #3 below and an example in #2, pretty basic stuff.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-26-2020, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Hi bubm,

Of course I want to pursue trying to fix this, and I highly appreciate the effort you are putting into this help for me.

Please be assured that I am trying to give correct data for analysis.

Mick arrived and helped me with these readings today, and as he took the measurements, I wrote down the data.

I don't know why these are wrong, but I will endeavour to double check them again, and report back to you.

Yes, D6021 and 6022 were both the same reading, my complete error when typing the numbers the same.

In regards to CN6401, the way he did this was by measuring every set of pins, all the way down the connector, so those readings are in a sequential order, if that makes sense. But we will do them again.

The large yellow C6524, I'm sure, on the check before this one, did measure somewhere around 390, but perhaps something went wrong this time?

The tv/panel/lights show no indication from the front that it is working, and I tried the on/off through the remote, as well as the button on the back of the unit that should power it up as well. Is there a special way, other than powering it up from the powerpoint, and clicking the on button at the remote, that we should be further undertaking? Just a stab in the dark here.

Please understand, I keenly want to try to get this working, if at all possible, and I am not intending to waste anyone's time, particularly your's, as your assistance is one I highly appreciate.

I will ask Mick around again to help and report back.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  Is looking like a mainboard issue, did you try turning tv on with the power button on the tv?
                  Yes...used remote and also the button on the rear left near where the power connection comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Yep, it's just making diagnosing this WAY harder than it has to be, do Bud's tests so we can see what's up, CN6401, test every pin, there's instructions in test #3 below and an example in #2, pretty basic stuff.
                    Thank you, will note that with Mick, my helper...cheers

Comment

I don't get the problem...LOOK at number 2 in my signature, are you NOT capable of doing this test? IF not then you should NOT endeavor to try to fix it other than changing out a board. I don''t say this too often but maybe you need to take it to a repair man before you blow something up.

Comment

Yes, I just watched those 2 x videos.

I am not touching the board at all, because as I have said before, I am not competent.

Mick, on the other hand, has done many repairs to many other friends equipments, and is familiar with all this stuff, hence asking him to take the reading for me.

Perhaps it is me whom has not let him know exactly what we need, and as such, we discussed that before we parted, with him asking for a copy of this thread, so he can see what is required...I have emailed him the link already to see your replies.

Comment

Ok, sounds like your moving in the right direction, everyone just needs to be on the same page with correct accurate communication.

Comment

Hi bubm,

Of course I want to pursue trying to fix this, and I highly appreciate the effort you are putting into this help for me.

Please be assured that I am trying to give correct data for analysis.

Mick arrived and helped me with these readings today, and as he took the measurements, I wrote down the data.

I don't know why these are wrong, but I will endeavour to double check them again, and report back to you.

Yes, D6021 and 6022 were both the same reading, my complete error when typing the numbers the same.

In regards to CN6401, the way he did this was by measuring every set of pins, all the way down the connector, so those readings are in a sequential order, if that makes sense. But we will do them again.

The large yellow C6524, I'm sure, on the check before this one, did measure somewhere around 390, but perhaps something went wrong this time?

The tv/panel/lights show no indication from the front that it is working, and I tried the on/off through the remote, as well as the button on the back of the unit that should power it up as well. Is there a special way, other than powering it up from the powerpoint, and clicking the on button at the remote, that we should be further undertaking? Just a stab in the dark here.

Please understand, I keenly want to try to get this working, if at all possible, and I am not intending to waste anyone's time, particularly your's, as your assistance is one I highly appreciate.

I will ask Mick around again to help and report back.

Thank you
                            You mean D6201, D6202 Rectifier diodes for the STBY_3.3V.
                            Well, let me repeat about the pin names and pin numbers, they are printed right there on the board to tell you what each pin is for.

Your report:
                            Connector CN6401 pins
                            1=0
                            2=0
                            3=0
                            4=0
                            5=0
                            6=0
                            7=12.7v
                            8=12.7v
                            9=12.7v

10=0
                            11=0
                            12=0
                            13=0
                            14=0

Well, as you can see per chart as printed on the board, pin 7, 8, 9 ARE NOT for 12V per pinout chart, your friend needs to look at chart, make the measurement, then write down pin number follow by pin name, and the Voltage reading for every single pin, he must look at the chart and understand how to read it and whet it means if he is experience in repairing electronics/electrical equipment.
                            Did you look at my picture of the CN6401 and see how each pin is named and labeled, then you will see why your report is not correct.

BTW, if your friend checks the resistance between Cathode of D6201 (STBY 3.3V rectifier) and pin 5 (STBY_3.3V) of CN6401, it should show continuity (very low Ohm) between the two points, he can also look at the bottom side of the board and see how the Cathode of D6201 is connected to pin 5 (STBY_3.3V) of CN6401.

Also regarding to the Voltage reading on the main filter on the hot side, if you did see 390Vdc, then that means the main board sends the POWER_ON signal to turn on the power supply, but then again you said that you get 0V on all the pins except 3 pins show 12V, so that is measurement error on the POWER_ON pin 9 for sure.
                            Your friend should also read Basic LCD TV troubleshooting to understand how typical TV functions.
                            We are at 113 threads now and still having problem getting readings on connector CN6401.
                            Last edited by budm; 07-26-2020, 02:37 AM.
                            Never stop learning

Comment

OK...next attack day will be about Friday/Saturday, or somewhat. Will report figures again.
                              THANK YOU

Comment

Latest data Readings

Comment

Please fill in the pin name for each pin so we can easily see what each pin is for..so when we look at the chart we will know what is present and not present.
                                  Last edited by budm; 07-31-2020, 12:51 AM.
                                  Never stop learning

Comment

DATA ADDED

Comment

So Standby power supply is OK.
                                      So main board is not sending the Dimming control signal, T-con ON signal.
                                      The problem is on the main board.
                                      Never stop learning

Comment

Thank you again for your help, we appreciate it.

I will try Google main Board help.

Comment

DATA ADDED
                                          IF the cart is correct, it indicates a backlight error which is likely causing a shutdown of the system.

Comment

Working...
                                          X