I think i killed it Toshiba 40L1333DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think i killed it Toshiba 40L1333DB

Its working, good, wiggle some of the plugs and maybe tap the power supply board a bit (withe the tv on) to see if there are any poor connections anywhere.
    Last edited by R_J; 01-02-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

is there maybe a cold one somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        is there maybe a cold one somewhere?
        the only cold one i want right now is amber coloured and alcoholic shame i cant due to medication but i suppose a coffee will just have to do for now.

thanks for your input over the last couple of days and im sure i will be back again next time it goes off or next time i need help.

Comment

is the panel led working now ?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Its working, good, wiggle some of the plugs and maybe tap the power supply board a bit (withe the tv on) to see if there are any poor connections anywhere.
            im going to try leave it on for a hour or 2 then get some sleep and i will give all the connections and boards a tap / tug before i risk putting the back on it again. thanks very much for your help / support.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
              Turn down the backlights level to as low as you can to extend the life of the LED's.
              good idea, i might check if there is a firmware update that may limit the led power down a bit, but while i still have the back off i will leave the leds turned up a few hours, if there is going to be another failed led id rather it does it now before i get it all built back up again.

thanks so much for all your input and support i have no doubt that i will be back to annoy everyone here again in the future with even more stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                is the panel led working now ?
                yep thanks, everything is working, im watching QI on it right now. hope it lasts but i do have my doubts (im a pessimist at heart), i really hate mysteries.

Comment

well just an update.... the TV stayed on fine for a few hours last night without any problem but this morning i found that it had shut down totally after being left on standby last night, no front panel led, nothing. i unplugged the TV from the mains and plunged it back in a couple of times and then it came back to life again, since then i have tapped and tugged the boards / connections without finding any problem, put it into / out of standby a few time without issue and then left it turned on and so far it has been on for nearly 6 hours fine. so i really dont know what the issue is. any ideas?

Comment

when the TV has it's lil no power spell, measure the STBY voltage that comes from the PSU into the main board. If the main board gets STBY voltage, yet the LED is out and it won't respond, there is an issue with the main board. The service manual on page 2 has the STBY voltage circuit. Measure that on the PSU and on the main board side.
                    Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-03-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

these sets have 5v stby and stby pins on the psu we may need too help him by marking on the picture of the psu connector i posted in post 25 of which pins he needs too check, as these psu s are not not marked so its hard too tell which pin one is even and its a double row connector,

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                        when the TV has it's lil no power spell, measure the STBY voltage that comes from the PSU into the main board. If the main board gets STBY voltage, yet the LED is out and it won't respond, there is an issue with the main board. The service manual on page 2 has the STBY voltage circuit. Measure that on the PSU and on the main board side.
                        sods law, the tv has been on all day now without an issue but when it was in its totally not working stage i do remember checking the power supply voltages on the main board connector, i found the 12v and the 24v but no 5v.

a few times today i have put it into standby and back on again and 95% of the time its fine first time but once it did take a couple of goes to wake out of standby, that once the green light was flashing and just kept flashing but would not turn the tv on, i put it back into standby using the remote and tried again and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          these sets have 5v stby and stby pins on the psu we may need too help him by marking on the picture of the psu connector i posted in post 25 of which pins he needs too check, as these psu s are not not marked so its hard too tell which pin one is even and its a double row connector,
                          with the help of your diagram i found the pins thanks.

Comment

thats good then some are hard too work out when not marked on the pcb.
                            post one of this thread maybe worth a read it maybe be this thats starting too fail
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...vestel+17IPS20
                            Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-03-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Strange, seems like an intermittent bad/cold solder joint maybe. Could be a firmware thing, try a factory reset.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                Strange, seems like an intermittent bad/cold solder joint maybe. Could be a firmware thing, try a factory reset.
                                it could be a bad joint i agree but i have tapped / tugged and flexed all the boards and connections which hasn't helped pinpoint he problem.

cant find a 'factory reset' option, the nearest i have found is 'first time installation' in the install / re-tune menu.

there seems to be very little info on toshiba web site about this model and no firmware listed so im guessing they never had an update for it.
                                *** scratch that, i just found and installed the latest firmware ***

at this point im still thinking it could be down to the backlight repairs that i carried out. maybe if the added resistance / voltage drop caused be adding 'piggy backs' over the failed leds has put the backlight close to or just out of the power supplies 'tolerance range'
                                Last edited by alerton; 01-03-2019, 12:39 PM. Reason: found firmware

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  thats good then some are hard too work out when not marked on the pcb.
                                  post one of this thread maybe worth a read it maybe be this thats starting too fail
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...vestel+17IPS20
                                  that does seem like a possibility, i will see how it goes and see if it gets any worse.

this TV is not going to be our only / main TV, it is destined to end up in the lads room as an upgrade (in size) for him so as long as it doesn't get any worse then if he dont like it he can bloody well save up his pocket money and buy his own telly

Comment

ok well this tv really does seem to have a mind of its own. left it turned it on and working fine for hours and hours yesterday. at various times i put it into standby for a minute or 2 and then back on and all seemed fine.

last night i put it in standby and left it (red led on as normal) then all by itself this morning it had its green led flashing but wasn't turned on nor would it turn on or off with the remote, unplugged it and plunged it back in and its back working fine again. its doing some strange things for sure.

Comment

Try, Press the MENU button on the remote (or MENU on the TV) to open the Setup menu.
                                      Using the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV), select SETTINGS > SETUP > RESET TV and press ENTER.

Comment

https://support.toshiba.com/support/...tentId=4010093

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                          Try, Press the MENU button on the remote (or MENU on the TV) to open the Setup menu.
                                          Using the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV), select SETTINGS > SETUP > RESET TV and press ENTER.
                                          i have checked every option in the menu and there is no reset on this model though i have yesterday updated the firmware so i would think that has the effect of resetting the whole thing.

but........ in a further development i had left the tv in standby a few hours this morning and when i tried turn it on again the sound came on but no backlights again

Comment

Working...
                                          X