Samsung UE46D5500 keeps rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46D5500 keeps rebooting

Hi, my Samsung UE46D5500 hate me.. so after some random reboots stucked in aprox. 20sec reboot loop.. (Black screen ->status led blink-> samsung logo-> black screen)

video: https://unsja-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/...gMwWA?e=FjQDe7
    (sry ist too big, for forum upload)

model: UE46D5500RW
    model code: UE46D5500RWXXH
    Version No: 01
    S/N: Z8D93SPBB01273D

already done:
    - unplug from el. for couple of days
    - unplugged LAN, blinded IR
    - mesured all capacitors on power board(ESR, capacity at 120Hz,) all sems ok, visualy OK but it was measured in circuit..
    -measured all signals at connector from power board (13V, 5V etc..) all seems ok, but im not sure how they are related to each other, some help will be appreciated...

- forcing Power on/off signal to 1(3V, 5V, 10V, GND), without success->still rebooting

i found:

- when i unplug "logic" board and turn Tv on backlight stay on without rebooting

- just dummy load + backlight -> power board, unpluged logic board -> without reboots

- status, standby leds works normal, responding to the buttons..

- backlight dimming works (after power on its on full, then goes to minimum, PWM signal on PWM_DIM pin is OK)

conclusion:

after 2 days figuring out the problem im out of ideas..

maybe some info about connector CNM803 and all signal will little bit help..
    schematic included, but i dont fully understand it..

any ideas?

im little bit scared there is problem in "logic board" --> new Tv

ps: sorry for my english
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UE46D5500 keeps rebooting

Bad blocks in nand flash memory.new nand with new bin file

Comment

Hello,
      you seem to be on a good way, as you already tested the power supply board.
      Not much here left to do, as DIMITRIO said, new nand flash with good firmware. Do you have a programmer that can handle such job?
      Also, before this, I would try to make a software update via USB. With the set turned off. Maybe this could help.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

thanks for reply, ideas.. looks like there was one more guy with same problem ->
        https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic3225022.html

looks promising

is there any way to get new bin?

is it read protected? sometimes just write doesnt work, so it can by possible to read it..

i found preprogrammed nands on ebay but they are little bit too expensive(about 100€).. so it will be last chance..

or is there someone who doing this for better price?

tomorrow ill borrow programmer and try to read it..

and how to "software update via USB. With the set turned off" ?

i found just "online" methods..

Comment

I was thinking to download the bin file for the eprom, copy it on a flash drive, plug the TV out from mains, plug in USB drive then plug tv back in mains. It should update its own firmware, without turning on the set. Thumb drive must be FAT32 formatted. Altough I am not 100% sure, that Samsung sets do this kind of update, but may worth a shot, before you have to go inside and desolder and reprogram components.

EDIT: On this site, if you scroll down, you will find a downloadable .exe file.
          https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46D5500RWXXH
          I would first try the versoin 1025. Some articles report the newer one to be buggy.
          This exe file should make you a usb updater thumb drive.
          As I read along, it looks like you must turn the set on, to start the update. All the above steps remain the same (unplug- usb in then reconnect to mains)
          Last edited by yohnsee; 06-28-2018, 01:57 PM.
          Cheers, Janos

Comment

doesnt work.. no firmware update will happen, just rebooting..

-FAT32, tried in both USB ports..

all guide for samsung & USB firmware update was through menu-> software update -> by usb.. but i cant get there..

Comment

Then back to the beginning. As DIMITRIO said, get your hands on a programmer, a new flash IC and search for the contents on the internet.
              Cheers, Janos

Comment

yep, worst part will be to find proper firmware..

edit: just found that programmer i can get doesnt support this type of memory.. so i have to buy preprogrammed IC..

but randomly found guy in Czech Rep. who selling it.. unfortunately he is on vacation until 8.7.
                Last edited by lipo; 06-28-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

so after all I found guy from Slovakia who tell me that there is no need of new memory.. just need to reprogram the current one so i paid 20€ inc. shipping for reprograming..(desoldered sent to him and soldered back) and Tv is working..

thanks a lot for help!

Comment

Seems like I have a similar issue (I just started another thread). @lipo would it be possible to ask the guy if he could do it for my set too?

Comment

contact send via PM..

Comment

Working...
                      X