Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vestel 17IPS62 power supply dead by lighting

Originally posted by R_J View Post
    You say you replaced Q5, Is U3 ok? Do you get any voltage at all on the secondary, even a couple volts on +12?
    I still think your optocoupler is defective
    There is no u3, or I don't see it on board?
    Voltages are on screenshots in post before, i get ~2-3V on 12V...

OC is ok, tested, even changed...

Comment

I thought that sot-23-3 was U3 but it must be Q5 and U3 is not used on this version

Comment

Did you ever find the fault I have the same issue changed all the same parts still dead

Comment

Sadly no, even changed 741 and Optocoupler on secondary, did not have luck...

Comment

Try to replace with a good known fan6300 i found a lot of fake chips on the market.

Comment

might suspect a marginal capacitor?? maybe try the old heat them up with a hairdryer and see if you get any temporary results.

Comment

similar issue here.. 3V on +12V bought another board but got a different version so its not compatible with my tv at least i think it's not cause it only gives brief backlight flash on startup.
                anyone have some guidance like a troubleshooting process?

Comment

That's a classic symptom of a backlight issue, usually bad backlight/s or a connection in the backlights.

Comment

Put backlight flash at startup or similar words in the search towards the top there and get many results.

Comment

What was original primary controller? I don't think FAN6300 is. Did you see mark on the chip or you take it from schematic?
                      definitely change TL431

Comment

Originally posted by kiko1 View Post
                        What was original primary controller? I don't think FAN6300 is. Did you see mark on the chip or you take it from schematic?
                        definitely change TL431
                        it seems to be 1Q001 but this is as good as picture i can get xD

I have slow pulsing on U1 VCC pin 10-13V no idea if its supposed to do that.

why u think change TL431? is there a way to test it with a multimeter?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          That's a classic symptom of a backlight issue, usually bad backlight/s or a connection in the backlights.

thanks it could be but I just can't put 2 and 2 together.

I'll try to describe the full story best i can.

got given this TV from relatives te32287b35txd "one day it shut off and now doesn't turn on". few weeks went by.. I plug it in and it just works perfect.. for 10 minutes.

then it went to just slow led red flashing but no backlight no audio nothing. then just completely dead.

so i took it apart and found 3V instead of 12V on the C54 and diodes output for Mainboard power

googled for my exact part number 23341166 but couldnt find it available/cheap enough , so i got 23581201 which has a smaller connector for main board i was thinking just swap over the connector but then I understood it might be not compatible at all with mainboard (it does the 1 brief backlight flashing on poweron)

what confuses me is that it was definitely just a power supply issue at the beginning.. now you say its probably a backlight issue?? did i burn a led because i plugged in a differnt power supply?

so anyway I thought id focus on fixing the original board, so I moved over a bunch of capacitors, diodes, big primary mosfet Q1, the transformer TR1
                          none of that made any difference.

Comment

1q001 - bm1q001
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, parts swapping may work, make sure that the part numbers all match, try swapping the other parts mentioned in the previous responses too, I guess then if you still have issues, VERY carefully strip it down to the backlights and check them, must treat the panel with great care, the bigger ones are very easy to crack/break, the 40 inch tvs and smaller don't break as easy but you still need to be very careful with them.

Comment

yeah im leaving the panel disassembly as last resort , dont have spare leds anyway.

I'd like to get the original power supply to work at least as good as the new one first xD

is there some sort of steps to figure out what part is the culprit before I swap over stuff that definitely works?

Comment

If you have your original powerboard put back together, no parts missing, try the test in post #26.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    If you have your original powerboard put back together, no parts missing, try the test in post #26.
                                    hi, test with hairdrier did nothing.

I went ahead with the parts cannon approach and swapped from new board:

C54, C55, C57, C71, D23, D24, D25, U4, SP1, SP3

after this the PSU came back to life. got 12V (actually 11.7-8, not very stable).

got into the menu and turned backlight way down, 15-20%, pulling 22W from the wall. it ran fine for at least 2h (confirmed leds are absolutely fine, so the flashing i got from new board is for some other incompatiblity)

cranked up the BL, pulling 45W from the wall. it shut off 10minutes later, back to having 4-5V instead of 12V.

leave it sit overnight and its fine again.

when it shut off I can't feel anything hot to the touch....

any hints?

Comment

some progress.. I changed D3, D6, C92, C102, U3 (TL431).

still shutting off randomly with 100% backlight, but lowering it to 90%, pulling 42W from the wall now its rock solid at least used it over 2h repeatedly .

in my use it rarely stays on more than 1h followed by 6h standby.. so i'll keep it like this.

Thanks everyone for your inputs

Comment

I have a similar problem: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...hermal-problem

Has anyone found out anything new about this?

Comment

Seems very likely that when backlights are turned way up there's one or more marginal leds that can not handle the full current and the tv shuts down, if it will work with the backlights turned down, do that. Might run for quite a while like that, without them being maxed all the time, which shortens led life quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X