Samsung JU6500 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung JU6500 Problems

I've got a Samsung JU6500, 55" TV with a display issue. You guys were super helpful with fixing my monitor, so I thought I'd ask about this TV.

It turns on but there are vertical lines all over the screen. At first, one side is black and one side is white, both full of lines. Then when you plug a source into it, the pattern of lines changes, but you can never see an image.

I've looked around and I can't find any information about issues with this TV, except a few people on Amazon complained that they flat out died on them. There seem to be three boards inside, a T-con board, a mainboard, and a power supply. I haven't opened it up yet, but those are the only parts I can find available for it.

Mainly I'm wondering if this is worth trying to fix? And if so, which board should I start with? Or could it be the LCD itself? Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Samsung JU6500 Problems

vertical lines or bars is usually a sign of failed tab drivers, ribbons or tab bonding to the panel. You could try a known working T-con if it is a separate board to see if the original is bad, but sounds like a bad panel.

Any pics of fault?

Comment

Working...
    X