LG 43UF640V half picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 43UF640V half picture

Thi is a OT message... Anyone have tried and found working one of those android apps that uses a tablet or cellular with a simple audio stereo plug and a IR diode to send commands for a variety of TV and others? I have tried 2 of them but never got them working, and tested with 2 different leds that are working 'cause supplied with a battery emits light visible at the cellular camera..
    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-15-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

just downloaded the app on to phone but not detecting the tv

Comment

A new remote isnt gonna work. Even a 10 year old remote should work it. Just tried loads of remotes (including the original remote) on mine and all i can do is channel up/down or power

Comment

not necessarily... but of course, navigating the LG documents is really easy... :-)

Depending on how old the remote is and what they implemented for this version / generation, it may not be as simple as "any remote". Quick look at some sort of lg manual appears to indicate some sort of "bluetooth" based remote although it isn't clear in my read as other "blogs" indicate both a "standard" remote and magic remote.

Comment

just read one of the LG user manuals for my tv, it states the on off switch at the bottom of the set controls power on off, volume up down, channels etc. on my tv it does not
            reading another manual that one says on my tv the button at the bottom is set on/off only. with no other controls on the tv, so def need a remote.
            One of the remotes I have and tried is a remote for a LG smart tv, it did not work apart for power on and off so my tv must have a newer version of remote
            Once I get a working remote I will try reset and updates etc, if that does not work then possibly there is a mainboard problem.
            This one has me scratching my head now with no idea what is the fault

Comment

correction I have tried two LG tv smart remotes

Comment

going back to one of my earlier posts is it possible to mirror the screen of this tv on to another tv screen, maybe using hdmi or wifi etc
                i am thinking if the second tv is showing the same fault then must be a mainboard problem,if second tv displays correctly then must be tcon or panel

Comment

I saw an "tv out" type description in a manual somewhere (probably the same one about the remotes... :-( )

Anyways, about the power button.... is it possible that it is a "toggle" type buttom. My samsung only has one button on the button corner of the bezel. Initially, I thought it could only turn on / off the set, but found that it "moves" in a direction like a "mini-joy stick".... further holding the power on button down, brings up a menu for the set.

I don't really like LG documentation support for their products.

Comment

just removed my button from the bottom of tv to have a close look at it, it is only an on/off switch and led assembly, not a toggle switch
                    so can not operate this tv apart from switch on and off without a remote
                    can not pair the LG phone app to the tv without connecting the tv to a wifi network, which i can not do as can not get into any of the tv settings.
                    hope the replacement remote comes in todays post,if not will have to wait till monday

Comment

i downloaded on to a usb stick the latest software for this tv from LG site.
                      tv not detecting usb so i presume i need to change the source
                      I need this remote

Comment

Only Scart has a tv out, but is unuseful for you 'cause is not the correct signal to examine, it's surely the lvds out signal where there can be a problem, you cannot test it until you don't have a compatible screen to attach or a suitable oscilloscope with some PC out test images.

Comment

perhaps you need to have the usb plugged in with power off / unplugged from wall. Then plug into the wall and then power up. Most other sets during power up with usb will look there for "something" otherwise IF one's set has an issue that doesn't allow control but has a "boot file" would still be able to be updated with out any "extra effort" from the user.

Comment

ok replacement remote has arrived in todays post, not working
                            it will power tv on/off volume up/down, but not letting me change source input, no settings menu, no smart features etc etc, all i am getting is on off and volume
                            should i now be thinking mainboard ???

Comment

Unfortunately there's no service manual for this and many similar UF series models, i mean for free, if you want to buy one i tell you the site to where to get it. But you can try a SW reset by locating the correct eeprom on the main and put a metallic needle betw. pin 5,6 when tv unplugged, then plug the AC in . wait 10 sec. then remove the short, then power up the tv. The eeprom is the biggest one..
                              not always work.
                              Last edited by Davi.p; 12-16-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

thanks Davi.p I have nothing to lose will try that shortly, thanks

Comment

struggling to identify the eeprom chip I will post a mainboard pic asap

Comment

Mainboard
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
                                      struggling to identify the eeprom chip I will post a mainboard pic asap
                                      At the top edge, near where the model number is written, has a white dot of paint on usually.

Left hand side in your photo.
                                      Last edited by diif; 12-16-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

doesn't look good. Have you verified all of the incoming pins to the main board in terms of powering / grounds to ensure that the "printed voltages" and such are there and correct... just in case you are missing some "stimuli" that is stopping the board from normal operation. What is still "funny" is that you indicated that a different tcon board allowed the picture to work "perfectly" for a little while and then you were back again to your present mode. That seems rather strange. Having said that, in my recent travels in "sharp land", a few of the subtending processing chips (signal and otherwise) get their "personality" from the eprom so if there is an issue there, then their function is totally compromised even though the set may almost work perfectly with some inputs / aspects. I suspect a 4k is even more so.

Comment

ok got the ic with the spot of paint, not checked amy voltages on the power board

Comment

Working...
                                          X