Zenith Z50PJ240 Pixel Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenith Z50PJ240 Pixel Storm

Hey all, I have a Z50PJ240 tv with the 50t1 boards in it. I have been having pixel storm issues with it on certain screens. Cartoons and sports are fine but any dark scenes show pixels all around the edges. I had a ghosting problem along with the pixel storm and at the awesome advise of members of this forum I replaced the Z-sus board and the problem went away. I have checked all the voltages and the solder joints around the coils and everything looks good and is within spec. I have checked all the transistors and they all seem good. I am debating on replacing the Y-sus board but thought I would give a shout out for any other advice first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Zenith Z50PJ240 Pixel Storm

Photos would be handy, The ysus can open cct some low ohm high wattage resistors which present black splotches, but you may be talking of maldischarge.

Can't help here because I've got same model which had bad resistors , fixed that now has maldischarge issues which I've not been able to pin down. I'm sure replacing the boards would fix, not economic for me though.

Comment

here are the pics. The ghosting was solved by replacing the Z-sus board. The pixel storm with blue green pink pixels is the issue I am having now.

Attached Files

Comment

Interested in Images of the screen defects, good images of the 2 boards, last is 2.6 kb so no use.

Comment

Here are a couple of screen pics for the pixel storm.
          Attached Files

Comment

Must be a fairly common issue, that's where I'm at with mine. I'd expect it'll be the ysus but no idea whjat component is doing, bad cap ? WHo knows. it's only a HD TV so I have not invested any more money in it for the time being

Comment

I don't mind spending another 100.00 on the tv. I would just like to be more certain that the Ysus is the problem. Hopefully, someone else can chime in and offer a direction to diagnose the issue.

Comment

Bump one last time.....

Comment

Ok, I replaced the ysus board and the picture looks great. No more pixel storm. I am double checking all the voltages and found something weird. When I test DC voltage across the + and - TP for the -vy I get a positive reading. The voltage is correct at 198 but it is showing a positive 198 not a negative. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by iaff284 View Post
                    Ok, I replaced the ysus board and the picture looks great. No more pixel storm. I am double checking all the voltages and found something weird. When I test DC voltage across the + and - TP for the -vy I get a positive reading. The voltage is correct at 198 but it is showing a positive 198 not a negative. Any thoughts?
                    Nice, I expected it would fix it. Be nice to lnow the offending component likely bad cap I feel. As for the voltage I'd say it's correct and probes are around the wrong way

Comment

I thought about the probes but double checked it several times. if it was +198 would it even function correctly?

Comment

Working...
                      X