Samsung PN51D7000 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN51D7000 Issue

No Picture, no audio, power led will flash 6 times when power is recycled. Digital board attempts to power, green led will come on for several seconds, then shut down for 2 seconds. I thought a Y-Board issue, replaced, same symptoms. Client (of course they never tell you the whole story) then tells me their 3 year old smack the front of the panel with something, that's when they lost picture & sound. Panel isn't visibly cracked, but I understand if they take a hit, the gasses can escape.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Samsung PN51D7000 Issue

So with the y and x unplugged does it turn on?

Comment

I unplugged the main from PS, and no the panel didn't illuminate. Was later informed that doesn't work with Plasma's. So I should unplug X & Y from the PS, if it doesn't turn on I assume a bad panel?

Comment

X Board is powered through the Y Board from the PS. Should I disconnect the X & Y from PS (X via Y) or disconnect X & Y from the digital board?

Comment

Set everything up to measure vs before turning on the set. At turn on you will then have a couple of seconds to see if that voltage is generated. Chances are if the screen had a good wack then the slightest split at edge join could allow plasma to escape.

Comment

Whacked with a tambourine thrown at it. I've been informed, disconnect the X & Y from the digital, anyone concur?
            Thank you Haime & Max!

Comment

if vs and va are not present with all hooked up and power button pressed, then disconnect the x-main and try again. if still no vs and va, disconnect buffers. if vs and va still don't come up, disconnect y-main and recheck vs and va.

no picture will be present while doing this, so it is the voltage that tells you that the boards are running or not.
              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

The logic board LED 5 secs ON, 2 secs OFF, indicates a Driving Board Problem (DRV Reset). What is the Driving Board? FYI, the Y-Board has been replaced. They lost picture when a 3 year old threw a tambourine at the TV. I keep thinking that although the screen didn't crack, it took enough of a hit to release the gases in the panel?
                Last edited by Audioplus; 08-08-2017, 02:37 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

From 2010 models these plasmas became harder to check as disconnection of boards leads to shutdown in 3 seconds after switch on. Driver boards Y and X plus their attached buffers are logical problem source and to check these as set out above you have to be all set up and check reading in that first couple of seconds. I do not know that plasma escape would affect circuit operation - anyone know that answer?

Comment

Working...
                  X