LG 60PV250-UB Image Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PV250-UB Image Issue

Not really sure what the proper term would be for this issue so I don't really know what to search for. The TV with have a fluid discoloration around the center that flashes or moves. Sometimes its there sometimes its not. For the longest time I thought it was my HDMI cable but have learned its the TV.

From what I can gather on this site and google is that there are cold solder joints on some of the components in the back that need to be re-flowed. I haven't opened it up yet as I'm looking to gather as much info on it as I can beforehand.

I have plenty of time behind a soldering iron so if it is just cold joints it should be easy. Internet says coils on the Y sustainer and x sustainer in particular could be the reason for my issue but I'm open to suggestions on what to do.

Attached are the best images I could get to illustrate my problem.

Speedy
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PV250-UB Image Issue

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60351

maybe an idea to try this

Comment

Probably. I wouldnt run the tv anymore untill you've checked as it will cost a lot more than just some solder if the z-sus decides to blow.

Comment

Open it up pull the the boards look for the bad solder joints. Resolder, reinstall boards. Enjoy watching repaired TV.
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by hamie View Post
          probably. I wouldnt run the tv anymore untill you've checked as it will cost a lot more than just some solder if the z-sus decides to blow.
          +1
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Well pulled the back sheet metal off and removed 3 of the large boards (not sure what each one is). The board on the left and right both had cracking around the solder joints of the 3 coils. Exactly where its supposed to be (or not supposed to be I guess). Center board looked fine.

What causes the cracking around this area specifically or is it just poor QC at LG?

Anyways new solder appears to have done the trick and (fingers crossed) TV is working without any of the prior issues.

Thanks for the help and the forum!
            Speedy
            Attached Files

Comment

Lead free solder and heat/contraction= faulty tv.
              Good fix!!!

Comment

Working...
              X