60PB5600 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 60PB5600 no picture

I've wrote down 4nf in my book. However might be wrong as I wrote it after Id done the repair.

Comment

Well these smd caps are touchy little things to play with. First they have no markings for values, then my meter doesn't measure in the nf range. Schematics are difficult to track down so identifying values will take some work.

I have some smd caps on scrap circuit boards from other devices, but not knowing the values bothers me.... What method do you find works best for soldering/desoldering these devices?

I found used driver board ERP77186101 for $40 but I really want to learn how far I can go in board level repair. Kinda testing MY limits. If I need better equipment, I can go shopping.
      Last edited by Srtech; 02-11-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

So here is an update.

I found another meter that measures small capacitors, and C975 from the bottom buffer board measures 2nf in circuit and 1.5nf out of circuit.
        The closest value I have is 16nf so I put that one in place of the blown C873.

It made no difference to the tv, it still has no picture.

Comment

Could the problem be the Ctrl board?
          I'll check for voltages tomorrow and inspect it for obvious faults.

Comment

Doubt it, I'd still concentrate on y-sus and buffers.

Comment

I don't think so...

Comment

Here is an update on this TV.
                I found some boards to swap and started with the buffers. I changed them both, but it made no difference.
                Next I got ahold of a P/S, control board and another y-sus board. Turns out the y-sus is bad, as it doesn't produce any voltages at the buffers, and does not even prime the screen. (No white flash at power up.
                The second power supply doesn't work and I noticed a fuse is missing off the board!
                The second control board seems to function, as it has the same four flashes of the LED but no improvement for the tv.

So I am down to the main board, or still the y-sue board.

Comment

If it was a bad main you'd be able to run test patterns.

Have you checked the new buffers to confirm no shorts?
                  If a plasma panel cracks while the tv is ON it has a tendency to short out the IC in correspondence with the impact damage.

Comment

this forum never ceace to impress me

i was reading this topic because i have the same tv , with exact same trouble , i was surprised when i saw your picture with a smd cap blowed in half , i decided to check if maybe same thing occured and of course , yes , the exact same cap have blowed apart too ,, so i have replaced it by what i read on this page but no improvement to , so i investigated on the y-sus board and found R559 (2ohms resistor) reading high as .568Mohms . REPLACED WITH A 2OHMS RESISTOR , PLUGGED SET AND POP ,BLOWED R559 AGAIN + Q507 Q552 Q553

MAYBE A CASCADE PARTY OCCURING NOW will replace all bad around , double check and put my devlopments here if i have , not for hijack but help some + me ,

thanks

Comment

look like when this cap on buffer short , it hurt the section of the ysus feeded by R559 , when fets for this part fail R559 act like a fuse

Comment

Originally posted by Srtech View Post
                        Yes I see three caps and measure two at 0.01uf (shorted I assume) and one at 35uf. One is blown apart also!
                        i have a pretty good news for you , if its not too late

i have exactly the same TV , exactly the same symptoms , and the same smd cap exploded on upper buffer board( c875)

i have now succeffully fixed this tv

here what i found about this issue

Look like when this smd cap become short , it short the VPP line on the y-sus , when it fataly goes short , it burn Q507 ,Q552,AND Q553

When these transistors fail , the 2 ohms resistor feeding source voltage act like a fuse then open ,

its the reason why the tv still continue to run with sound and no image , and the reason why the screen prime , then shut off its because the y sustain board detect a fail with the vpp line .

there what i have used to repair this set

Q507 : original part tk8a60da
                        replaced by tk20A60U

Q552/Q553 : Original parts SMK0825
                        replaced by 2sk3773

replaced blowed C873 by 2X 2nf smd cap in paralel , total 4nf and more robust

replaced R559 by another 1/4W 2 ohms resistor

im pretty sure you will fix your by replacing theses parts .
                        thanks without your post , i will probably not yet find this cap blowed up

thanks badcaps to be there

Comment

sorry ive made an error and edit time is expired R559 IS More than 1/4W LOL they are 1watt

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I've got two of these to repair and your post is helpful.

Comment

Hi Jeff, thanks for your post and solution. My TV is still waiting for me to fix it, but now I may have time to follow your lead.

Comment

Checking Y-sus board R559 I found it open just like yours.
                                So I ordered the parts that you replaced and will let you know the results.

Comment

Finally the parts arrived, and now my TV Is working again.
                                  Thanks for your help Jeff.

Comment

Hi All, I have the exact same problem and have all the parts except for :

replaced by tk20A60U

replaced by 2sk3773

I do have the following.....FGPF4633, STF20NF20, 45F122, RF2001, FDPF51N25, 2SK3667 & IRFI4229. Anyone know it I can sub what I have even just for temp testing purposes. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pepin View Post
                                      i have a pretty good news for you , if its not too late

i have exactly the same TV , exactly the same symptoms , and the same smd cap exploded on upper buffer board( c875)

i have now succeffully fixed this tv

here what i found about this issue

Look like when this smd cap become short , it short the VPP line on the y-sus , when it fataly goes short , it burn Q507 ,Q552,AND Q553

When these transistors fail , the 2 ohms resistor feeding source voltage act like a fuse then open ,

its the reason why the tv still continue to run with sound and no image , and the reason why the screen prime , then shut off its because the y sustain board detect a fail with the vpp line .

there what i have used to repair this set

replaced by tk20A60U

replaced by 2sk3773

replaced blowed C873 by 2X 2nf smd cap in paralel , total 4nf and more robust

replaced R559 by another 1/4W 2 ohms resistor

im pretty sure you will fix your by replacing theses parts .
                                      thanks without your post , i will probably not yet find this cap blowed up

thanks badcaps to be there
                                      I have a 60PB6650 with the same symptoms and failed components. I applied this fix and it worked for me too.
                                      They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Also applied this fix to a 60PB5600 today and it also resolved the same problem.
                                        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Working...
                                        X