Samsung ps42a456p2d plasma HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ps42a456p2d plasma HELP

my 2008 samsung plasma tv has developed a thick black bar down the screen. I am wondering if there is any chance i can repair my tv.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung ps42a456p2d plasma HELP

No that's almost certainly a failed COF. Not fixable im afraid.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, is there a way i can test this to make 100 percent sure that it is the COF. is that the chip on the flat cable going to the display.

Comment

Panel failure not fixable
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan Wood View Post
          Thanks for the reply, is there a way i can test this to make 100 percent sure that it is the COF. is that the chip on the flat cable going to the display.
          sometimes you can tell by feel, the ic in that section would/could be running hot. another way is to look at the chip with a magnifier, sometimes you can see that it is defective ie: cracked.

Comment

Damn guess ill just scrap it then.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              Panel failure not fixable
              Who are you to be threatening to ban anyone here? If you want to lose business your certainly going the right way about it!
              HP P6-2203a desktop,AMD CPU A8-5500 with Radeon HD7560D,3.20Ghz. Radeon HD 6670.8Gb Ram.2TB HDD. WIN 10 64 bit O/S.

Comment

redrooster i think that ReeceyBurger123 does not want people to ask for repair advice on his business facebook page and that i think is fair enough. You instead message him on here as this is the correct place to do so. also i unplugged half the screen and got this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Trouble is when you're a fairly regular poster offering solutions, you get bombarded with messages about repairs--that should be on the forum, not in your inbox.

I carry a similar message in the sig line to prevent this....
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                  X