LG55LN575V bad panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG55LN575V bad panel?

Can't find a suitable tcon board for this anywhere, I can find loads with the same part number but the other numbers don't match. If I get one with only the same part number will it work at all does anyone know? Thanks

Comment

Hi guys, had a bit of luck with this set. Replaced the tcon board and everything was fine. Perfect picture and was watching it for an hour or so...and then the remote became a bit unresponsive and lines crept over the screen and the picture froze. I power cycled the tv and I'm back to square one ish, killed another tcon board I'm guessing.

Any idea what may be the cause? I was thinking over voltage but then I checked that and it was 11v dc?

Any help appreciated, getting close to breaking it up for spares.

Cheers Aaron

Comment

Any ideas why the tcon board would fail so quick anyone? Fuse on tcon is fine on both tcon boards btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Azza111111 View Post
          Any ideas why the tcon board would fail so quick anyone? Fuse on tcon is fine on both tcon boards btw.
          Possibly a bad COF chip on one of the panel tabs.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Ah. Don't like the sound of that! Cheers I guess it can't be easily fixed.

Comment

Just to follow up and complete this thread, I replaced the tcon board again but this time getting an exact number matching (last time only part number) board and I put a heat sink on the ic for extra cooling as I'm led to believe that was what was being killed and the tv has now been working a week!!

So not sure which has solved the issue but I suspect it's having the exact right tcon board.

Thanks for your help people.

Comment

Working...
              X