Sanyo DP50E84 with evenly spaced horizontal lines across the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP50E84 with evenly spaced horizontal lines across the screen

Hello everyone, my first post was a success and now i'm having problem with another tv and i'm hoping that you all can help me again.
    I have a 50" sanyo with evenly spaced horizontal lines across the whole screen. It just happened all the sudden with all inputs. I opened it up and unhooked all the ribbons and clean it with the pencil eraser and still having the same issue. On first inspection, i see no physical damage to any caps. I do notice a faint hissing sound coming from the t-con board (TB) and it seem to get hot pretty fast. If i disconnect the ribbon coming from the main board (MB) to the TB that sound stop.
    I really appreciate any suggestions/helps... where to start next.
    Here are the pictures below
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo DP50E84 with evenly spaced horizontal lines across the screen

more picture
    Attached Files

Comment

If you lift one ribbon from the Tcon to the panel do you then have a clean half picture. Turn off, reconnect ribbon and repeat process for second ribbon to panel.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi Dick_barton, i tried that and got nothing.

Comment

disregard.
          Last edited by jetadm123; 07-21-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

A guy on you tube said that his tv has horizontal lines and claimed that by replacing these bigger caps (circled in red) on the MB with caps that are higher voltage solve the problem.
            Does anyone know any truth to that?
            Attached Files

Comment

Nah those caps don't cause these lines. You could try it and heat up those caps to see if the lines disappear. Normally IF caps cause lines you will see coloured lines , happens with some samsung tv's.

This is either a t-con , mainboard or maybe a LCD pabel problem. Did you check all connections going from mainboard to the t-con to panel?

Try to apply a little pressure on the mainboard , especially the cpu/video chip area. Can be a bad mainboard/connection.

My prime suspect would be the T-con.
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I just tried heat and cold and the TB chip and got nothing. Same with the chip on MB. I also got nothing when applying pressure. I check the connections a few times and all seem to be good. A TB on ebay is around $20 for this tv so i might try replacing that and see. I really hope it's not a bad panel. It was made in 2014.

Comment

Made in 2014 does not say anything anymore , sorry! Tv's from 2013/2014/2015 just die suddenly with bad leds/t-cons or mainboards.

The are made with cheap components for even cheaper prices then a few years back. Everything has to be thin , needs all apps/options and needs a 4k screen. They all fit it in a 2cm wide panel...

Anyways , try the t-con! If you got the tv cheap then $20 is not that bad.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps , i saw a new sony tv today. Well not the TV but the boards inside that tv. Ow wait , there was only 1 board!!!! All new tv's got 1 board and a power adapter. ( Like a laptop ).

Its crazy.

Comment

I have seen Auo panels fail in the same way if thats the case not fixable. Maybe try Tcon if you have some cash to spare if not the panel is toast.
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Moreno ..1 board? really.. wow
                        Reeceyburger.. just order a TB. i really hope it's not the panel

Comment

Hi guys here is an update of what i discovered.. so the new TB came in and i replaced it.. same problem with the lines..

However when i remove the left tcon ribbon (red circle) the right side of the tv has perfect picture!!! (the left side is black) plus that hissing sound go away. The minute i plug it back the noise came back, has picture on the whole screen but also the lines.

so i reverse the process.. keep the left connected and disconnected the right.. got that hissing sound.. my right side of the tv is white and the left side is black.

So do you think that is board is bad? what is the name of this board? (the two last pic)
                          Attached Files

Comment

I found this video on you tube and thought it was crazy but i tried it anyway. I did exactly like the video but it didn't work so i decided to try out all different combinations and finally end up with this (refer to pic).
                            and lord and behold .. it worked!!!!!!!OMG!!! If anyone has this issue, i advice you to give it a try. Pay special attention to the size of the tape. Too big, it will not show any picture and too small doesn't work either. That sound went away too BTW. I just can't believe it. So really the original TB is still good.
                            Does anyone know how this is possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Thanks so much for everyone on here and a special shout out to Dave in that video.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jp06; 07-29-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X