Panasonic SC Board - BAD 30F131 IGBTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic SC Board - BAD 30F131 IGBTs

Just metered these and grouped to get an idea of the large differences.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just put one each of the lowest reading 30f131 on the board. One where the RJPs would be and one on the 30F131 bank.

surprisingly it turned on with sc50 jumped, SC was a bit buzzy.

must be more to this issue but I know it's these bits and of 6 shorted parts, all RJPs shorted, only one 30F131 is dead short the other 2 are ?? ne could be ok but it only takes one 30F131 to go short and that's it, carnage.

On the first blow up, all 3 three went 30F131

I will probably get this running with some of these bits but i can't see how I can predict which ones will fail instantly now.
      Last edited by tw2005; 07-07-2016, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I have just sent a message to Unsource as i have had 50 delivered today as well showing same batch code.i have done no testing on them as yet

Comment

I am not sure why...but when I tested an original working 30F131, no numbers come up on the DMM. It was as if all legs were open circuit. I salvaged the IGBTs from an SN with shorted buffer.

So that's how you tell original from fake
          Last edited by syaoran123; 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Have tested in diode mode i can get some to turn on but not all. Think this could be my meter as only showing 2.9v on leads. Tested Neg to emitter, Pos lead to collector switch Pos lead to gate (to Switch on ) return Pos lead to collector should show voltage, short with finger emitter and gate to turn off (voltage will go) to turn on again tap Pos to Gate then Pos to collector voltage should return, as i say some work some dont. testing in resistance depending how you hit E/C/G could be turning them on. Will try fitting some to see if they work under load .

Comment

yeah I don't know what to suggest. They've offered half refund and keep what I have. Does not really solve anything.

Comment

So at the moment I'm placing 30F131 on both sides, one of each, then sc50 jump, power cycle.

managed to get a pass first time, then added 2 more of the 30F131 in their bank, also pass. removed 30F131 from RJP side, added the RJPs and have one board working.

Just started on another good board minus these

1st pair, Pop

2nd pair, Pop

that's 9/12 dead plus 9 wasted RJP30H2
                Last edited by tw2005; 07-08-2016, 02:39 AM.

Comment

I have had no reply as yet from UT. Do you not have a set of buffers to run a longer test to put these under full load for few hours ? my diode mode testing to check that they turn on and off was a bit hit a miss even on other IGBTs still think voltage is to low. I dont want to make up a tester, I dont see why I should as I have no other need for such a thing, I would hope that when I buy new components they are going to work for me, you should not have to test so called new parts, will not be doing much to-day or over the weekend GP time. Flocko

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                    I have had no reply as yet from UT. Do you not have a set of buffers to run a longer test to put these under full load for few hours ? my diode mode testing to check that they turn on and off was a bit hit a miss even on other IGBTs still think voltage is to low. I dont want to make up a tester, I dont see why I should as I have no other need for such a thing, I would hope that when I buy new components they are going to work for me, you should not have to test so called new parts, will not be doing much to-day or over the weekend GP time. Flocko
                    That's right it is. why am I doing this?

They said they'd give me half and I sent another message saying , forget it I want full refund. I've just about had enough. too much work getting them on and off then into the TV etc.

yes I've got a full TV but no point hooking up the buffers as these simply blow and I don't want to risk them.

I don't even have to use sc50 to be honest.

They just go pop.

Got 1 board out of 12 parts. had it running for anhour but interrupted by me now using another board to test these.

There's nothing I can come up with using a meter to predict, they just go bang.

Kind of makes it hard for you I guess. Do I? or Don't I ? use them?Is TW2005 full of shit?

But I'm reporting live from the nut house. Time to try the ones with the highest resistance see if I get lucky. LOL.

problem is I can't really be confident selling any of these boards now, could end up like johnboy, short lived success.

I can see us having trouble in the near future as I'd expect these parts are most likely obsolete out of production since PDP is not around anymore
                    Last edited by tw2005; 07-08-2016, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Hi there in the nut house,I wont get round to trying anything now till Tuesday as I have been told we are looking after my Grandson on Monday hes just turned two and likes to give me the runaround, so if I get through Monday without the need of A+E I will get back to you then If the Fairchild subs work why not go over to using them and try a long term test? I dont have any but could order them in ? P.S how is the boat Flocko

Comment

6 more fitted, 6 more dead

Just used the supply of RJP30H2 for both banks and all good.

Will just have to do that instead of these 30F131.

I've had enough.

The ones I just used had the highes readings in resistance and I was hopeful they would be ok.

You'll just have to reach your own conclusions or decisions on the stock you get if you get them from UTSOURCE or china.

I would like to hear any other feedback on experiences with these.

I've put the batch up and images.

the others were 1110 from Cole Lin , cetury sources, also multiple failures.

Going to put my FGD4536 back in now just to confirm board is still good.
                        Last edited by tw2005; 07-08-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Hi there in the nut house,I wont get round to trying anything now till Tuesday as I have been told we are looking after my Grandson on Monday hes just turned two and likes to give me the runaround, so if I get through Monday without the need of A+E I will get back to you then If the Fairchild subs work why not go over to using them and try a long term test? I dont have any but could order them in ? P.S how is the boat Flocko
                          In Dry Dock now, really pissed now. Funny how when I make the largest order of parts from a good source turned out to be crap.

How many bad SS boards have you had simultaneously fail with a TNPA5335 SC?

I 've seen 3 and someone just contacted me looking for a 5331 SS. I Asked how the 5335 SC was as that would go first, reply was. 7 blink , replaced SC now 8 blink, bad SS.

Comment

UTSOURCE-BAD 30F131 IGBTs

I don't think you will. They are holding firm with 50% refund as some of these work!

what happened to the 60day full guarantee?

very disappointing really, spent hundreds of dollars, promoted their business and with all the time and effort trying to see how bad these were they say this.

Thanks for your reply,we want buyer everything is good,due to our accounting department already refund you half,and these item is not all bad,we can give you some discount next order?it is ok?

pointed out 3 from 18 is about 16% worked, 84% did not and I don't think may more will.

if you use yours with no issue, boy that will rub it into me.
                            Last edited by tw2005; 07-08-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I've purchased mosfets and other parts from UT without issues, plus I know some friends that purchase parts from them too.Any supplier could get a bad batch or they might end up even getting faulty parts from a seller that they never dealt with before.

Comment

Originally posted by Electronic Handyman View Post
                                I've purchased mosfets and other parts from UT without issues, plus I know some friends that purchase parts from them too.Any supplier could get a bad batch or they might end up even getting faulty parts from a seller that they never dealt with before.
                                True and that is their problem. I'm not a shareholder so I'm not prepared to carry it.

If I order more, only going to get the same batch.

And if they were authentic, I very much doubt we'd be talking about it.

I've been using UT for about 4 years, but there could be folk out their blaming themselves on failed repairs or having comebacks when it could be bad parts or have received the same batch and about to wonder what the hell is going on.

Comment

hello there,
                                  Sorry to hear that, but I can tell I had the same issue with cheap/fake/bad IGBTs. I received 20 of them last year, and could not do anything with them. The board I was repairing went pop twice, and after that I had the ideea to fit some original 30f131 from another working board, and the board was working after that. I had 6 new 30f131 blown after 2 attepts, but I threw away all of them, including the rest of 14 unused. Since then I used only good parts from a local Panasonic service partner, and things are different, not even one of them blown. The single problem is that the price is 2,5 euros/ piece for 1 part, and it goes down to 1,5 euros/ piece for an order larger than 25 pieces. Anyway, I'm fine with it because I can come to a good result.
                                  Last edited by dj01fad; 07-08-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply ,maybe there is some problem in his transit .
                                    don't worry .you can try to test these items you bought from us .
                                    if any problem ,please feel free to contact us . This is the message that has just dropped into my in box from UT ? I payed with paypal so I think I will go though them, Sorry to hear boats in dry dock? that could be the problem in transit UT talk of, sounds to me like its full of holes and going nowhere ? Flocko

Comment

Originally posted by dj01fad View Post
                                      hello there,
                                      Sorry to hear that, but I can tell I had the same issue with cheap/fake/bad IGBTs. I received 20 of them last year, and could not do anything with them. The board I was repairing went pop twice, and after that I had the ideea to fit some original 30f131 from another working board, and the board was working after that. I had 6 new 30f131 blown after 2 attepts, but I threw away all of them, including the rest of 14 unused. Since then I used only good parts from a local Panasonic service partner, and things are different, not even one of them blown. The single problem is that the price is 2,5 euros/ piece for 1 part, and it goes down to 1,5 euros/ piece for an order larger than 25 pieces. Anyway, I'm fine with it because I can come to a good result.
                                      Thanks. I was looking at Encompass in the US as their website is pretty easy to use. The OEM Panasonic numbered parts B1JBDN000004 are showing no longer available but search 30F131 and they are non stocked $7.50 USD or GT30F131 at 0.86 ea.

Wonder where these come from?

Comment

Here's a package comparison between the FGD4536 (Dpak) & 30F131 (D2pak)

Comment

bumping up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X