Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUO T37XW02 T-Con board, transistor identification after short-circuit

Hello all

I have a T-con board AUO T370XW02 coming from a Samsung Le37A330J1, originally i had a bad gamma chip, pale image and incorrect colors .... Test point values was bad then i replaced the AS15-F .

Not the first one i am doing it but this time, I missed to see 3 pins in short-circuit, 25,26,27 , i got the fuse B201 blown and a transistor Q101, this one has a fake marking code "25819" could not find anything searching on it. I joined a picture , from the net, with some details this is not mine don't search the blown parts . Simply i don't have a camera here.

Please anyone can tell me what could be the real number of this transistor or equivalent please ? Thank you very much
    Attached Files

Re: AUO T37XW02 T-Con board, transistor identification after short-circuit

B201 is not a fuse it is a ferrite bead. It is feeding the panel, if it is shorted then it may be because the panel is damaged.

The transistor is likely to be some kind of N-channel MOSFET with logic level rating, e.g. FDN359AN although the exact part may never be determined if you can determine the pin out then you can find a suitable or close substitute.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes right it is directly going to the panel connector, it would be a bad news, i will check a bit in this direction, the 3 pins shorted was the inputs CI DI and EI, how comes it would destroy the panel .

Comment

Hello Tom66 and everyone

I have some further informations .

B101 was still connected to the ground, by the gamma chip incorrectly soldered, when i removed it, no more short circuit to ground to ground. Then now it still be the transistor to replace. I joined a picture of my test, I could find a diode junction in the transistor, I wrote N,P on the pic to indicate the probes in forward direction.

I could find the schematic of this board here

We can see the transistor in 2nd page of this schematic, unluckily they was bad enough to replace real references... The diode i could measure is surely the rolling diode following the schema.

Thank you for your help
        Attached Files
        Last edited by yoritomo; 06-08-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hello

When comparing the junction i found, it does not match with FDM359AN, the junction is reverse on it, I don't know where to find a good online tool for cross reference on it, the once I used did not find any Supersot-3 packages entering the values. I rarely had to search for unknown SMD references, I am not clever on it.

As well I don't guess what should be the value of the ferrite bead.

Thanks for your help
          Last edited by yoritomo; 06-09-2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

It is not a N-channel but a P-channel, i will order IRLML5203GPbF which is similar features like the one you told. I hope to be lucky

Comment

(Solved) AUO T37XW02 T-Con board, transistor identification after short-circuit

I finally received the transistor which I mentioned above, and installed it as well as a new ferrite bead which I could find in an old t-con board, then now everything is working fine.
              It is solved, next time I will check better if soldered correctly !! lost time and money :-s

Thank you for your advice about the transistor Tom66.

Comment

Re: (Solved) AUO T37XW02 T-Con board, transistor identification after short-circuit

Originally posted by yoritomo View Post
                I finally received the transistor which I mentioned above, and installed it as well as a new ferrite bead which I could find in an old t-con board, then now everything is working fine.
                It is solved, next time I will check better if soldered correctly !! lost time and money :-s

Thank you for your advice about the transistor Tom66.
                This thread is just what I need! Thanks much for the info + investigation. I also have a 37-inch T-Con board very similar to yours. The AS15-F went bad, I soldered in a new one, tried turning the TV on, then POOF, the magic smoke arose :/

I can see the scorched Q301 transistor on my board in the AVDD section, so I assume I'll have to replace that. But my worry is that other things may have also gotten damaged -- how were you able to tell that the B201 was bad?

Also, how did you go about determining what pins you shorted? I'm a novice, so not sure how to go about this other than putting a probe on one leg (out of the 48) and then dragging the other probe across the other legs until hearing a beep. But then how do you know whether it's a shorted legs vs. a common ground?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X