TC-P50G20 8 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P50G20 8 blinks

I inherited this TV from my father who gave up trying to fix it after buying a supposedly good P and A board off eBay. I was getting 4 blinks before I tried the troubleshooting steps I found on this board.

Unplugged power from SC board and powered on TV. Puff of smoke from SC and then 8 blinks.

Unplugged power from the SS board and power on TV. 6 blinks.

Had the SC board refurbed through PTS Electronics. After I installed the SC board and powered on the TV, I am now getting 8 blinks. I went through the 2010_FHD_Plasma_TV_G20_G25_Series_Troubleshooting_Handbook and followed the steps for 8 blinks which states I should replace the A board since the TV will not stay on when SS33 is removed. I put the original A board back into the TV and I am still getting 8 blinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Re: TC-P50G20 8 blinks

Bit of a strange one so more exact info will be needed.

Traditionally 4 blinks on this series ends up being a dead short or close to it on the Vsus and then being the SC board.

Unplugged power from SC board and powered on TV. Puff of smoke from SC and then 8 blinks

So what exactly was disconnected? SC2, SC20 or both SC2 & SC20?

Where did the smoke come from?

I'm thinking you had SC2 disconnected, maybe SC20 connected? But having it smoke and 8 blink is not something I've read so far.

The other question is was everything connected as normal since someone started fault finding this, was something that needed to be connected left disconnected??

any of the ribbons at c10-c20 or c26-c36 disconnected?

Is the Sc20 ribbon damaged or burnt out as 5 and 15v supplies go to the SC along that?

Are all the P-board connections made and correct?

Photos of what it looks like from the back showing connections to all boards may be handy for us to see.

You could try this. Assuming it's all connected how it should be.

disconnect, SC2,SS11, P35, 3 white ribbons at the A-board.

Turn it on and see if it still 8 blinks or turns on with no error.

Turn it off once you have the result.

Don't reconnect anything for a good 5 mins or so especially p35, sc2, ss11 . Measure for residual voltages if in doubt. When running SC2, ss11 ~200V, p35 ~60v. Arcing P35 can destroy the panel on reconnection.

let us know what happens. If you get no 8 blink then at least we can eliminate the P & A board.

Never chased an 8 blink on this one so will be interesting

Comment

The man, the LEGEND! If anyone can lead me in the right direction, you can! Thank you for responding.

I had this huge response typed but then then went back and checked all the ribbons. c10-c20 was not plugged in properly. I reseated the ribbon and boom, all is well.

Thank you for you help! I hope I dont have to post again about this TV but at least I know where to come!

Comment

Cheers

Comment

I'm back unfortunately.

After about 15 hours of use, I heard a pop and then the dreaded 4 blinks. I think at this point I'm back to square one but I'm trying to figure out why the board failed again. Poor component replacement? Other extenuating circumstances? I'm stumped but I think I should remove the board and send it back in as I do have a 6 month warranty.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by dryeager View Post
            I'm back unfortunately.

After about 15 hours of use, I heard a pop and then the dreaded 4 blinks. I think at this point I'm back to square one but I'm trying to figure out why the board failed again. Poor component replacement? Other extenuating circumstances? I'm stumped but I think I should remove the board and send it back in as I do have a 6 month warranty.

Any other thoughts?
            well yes, if SC2 is shorted.

No idea, ask them but touch wood none of mine have even with the suspect chinese parts I get. I'd be checking the sd and su boards again to.

Comment

Working...
            X