• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P65S2 Red Light 7 Blinks

Originally posted by colormebad View Post
    Looks Nice where your moving... And where you moved from
    Darwin to Brisbane, Australia

I have an old fluke too, best thing I ever got and about 20 years old.

Bonus news, I may score a 65" VT20 3D cheap myself and the best part is it don't work, Has tNPA5175 too, no idea of the symptoms except no turn on. Hoping it's SC and not mainboard

Comment

Well as you mentioned! I have 3 transistor's Q621 Q622 Q623 in the kit but mine are not shorted..... Q452 Q453 Q454 Q661 that are shorted, are not in the kit... So i will see if they will send me the 4 or i may just order the board that's out of a tv that has not been turned on , that has a broken screen

Comment

Well as you mentioned! I have 3 transistor's Q621 Q622 Q623 in the kit but mine are not shorted..... Q452 Q453 Q454 Q661 that are shorted, are not in the kit... So i will see if they will send me the 4 or i may just order the board that's out of a tv that has not been turned on , that has a broken screen
        Are Q621,622,623 30F125? If so check resistance they fail without being short, can go 200-300ohms which is bad, catches people out on a continuity check.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          Are Q621,622,623 30F125? If so check resistance they fail without being short, can go 200-300ohms which is bad, catches people out on a continuity check.

I was told by the seller, this board will work... What you think ??

YSUS BOARD FOR PANASONIC TX-P65VT20B 65" PLASMA TV TNPA5175 AC 1 SC

Comment

I can't be sure but they are different in cct design so it may not. Unless the seller has tried it themselves and can give a 100% money back assurance including postage this may be a gamble. If you look at IC564, on your board it's missing, on the 65VT25 board it's populated.

Honest answer is I don't know

Comment

Well I replaced the Sc board today I ordered.... It's suppose to be a new board out of a broken screen tv never turned on... Still have the 7 blinking lights. I rechecked all the same parts on the new board and nothing shows shorted... When I turn the TV on , I here 1 or 2 relay's click , then one more click... That's all it ever does...

Should D503 on this board read something ??? I get no reading at all....I pulled it out and its just like reading a blown fuse or open resistor , even with reversed leads... Then I ran across the part # and see why it don't read here below...

The diode is a DIAC and will conduct only when the voltage exceeds a particular level ( called the breakover voltage ). This is applicable in both directions.So with a multi meter it will show open circuit as the applied by the meter is much below the breakover voltage. So I now got to search for another bad board I guess...

Last edited by colormebad; 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Well I replaced the Sc board today I ordered.... It's suppose to be a new board out of a broken screen tv never turned on... Still have the 7 blinking lights. I rechecked all the same parts on the new board and nothing shows shorted... When I turn the TV on , I here 1 or 2 relay's click , then one more click... That's all it ever does...

Should D503 on this board read something ??? I get no reading at all....I pulled it out and its just like reading a blown fuse or open resistor , even with reversed leads... Then I ran across the part # and see why it don't read here below...

The diode is a DIAC and will conduct only when the voltage exceeds a particular level ( called the breakover voltage ). This is applicable in both directions.So with a multi meter it will show open circuit as the applied by the meter is much below the breakover voltage. So I now got to search for another bad board I guess...
                getting complicated especially if it's the rev AC board you got because that's different as I pointed out and for 3D 65" model. The S2 is a 2D model AFAIK.
                Both the SC and the SD boards will be different between the S2 and the VT25.

For 7 blink, you isolate the sd/su , remove their 4 gnd bolts, jumper SC50. If it turns on , no error blink then it's SD/SU or bad panel.

Don't know how to prove a panel but if the sd/su proved ok with the resistance tests you would expect they're ok or try installing the SD only with sc50 jumpered, your risk though, never tried it.

Don't expect this to be p board, and not expected for a 7 blink either.

Comment

getting complicated especially if it's the rev AC board you got because that's different as I pointed out and for 3D 65" model. The S2 is a 2D model AFAIK.
                  Both the SC and the SD boards will be different between the S2 and the VT25.

For 7 blink, you isolate the sd/su , remove their 4 gnd bolts, jumper SC50. If it turns on , no error blink then it's SD/SU or bad panel.

Don't know how to prove a panel but if the sd/su proved ok with the resistance tests you would expect they're ok or try installing the SD only with sc50 jumpered, your risk though, never tried it.

Don't expect this to be p board, and not expected for a 7 blink either.

I replaced the board with the same board...Here is the new board... I had my fingers crossed it would fire up.... But just heard the relay click on and then back off... I read somewhere just one buffer board would do this, but everything checked out good on the test I done...

Comment

Ok' I removed the 4 gnd screws, unplugged sc41 sc46 sc42 plugs.... Jumpered SC50 , Tv turned on and stayed on, solid red light on front... If i try the SD only with SC50 jumpered, do i reinstall the two gnd bolts in that board only? And do i leave the ribbon jumper SU11 to SD11 connected between the two buffer boards??

Man' I wish it was just the SD/SU buffer boards causing the problem... I seen 2 new ones at a good price....

Comment

Ok' I removed the 4 gnd screws, unplugged sc41 sc46 sc42 plugs.... Jumpered SC50 , Tv turned on and stayed on, solid red light on front... If i try the SD only with SC50 jumpered, do i reinstall the two gnd bolts in that board only? And do i leave the ribbon jumper SU11 to SD11 connected between the two buffer boards??

Man' I wish it was just the SD/SU buffer boards causing the problem... I seen 2 new ones at a good price....
                      Personally I would have the SD fully installed correctly and totally remove the SU from the TV.

SC50 will need to be jumpered anytime either sd or su are disconnected.

but as I say I've never done it on a Panasonic, never found myself in this situation.

If that proved ok and it turned on with a half screen then you could

a. take a gamble and just get a SU board

b. repeat the same test with the SD fully removed and the SU fully installed and bolted in but I just don't know what happens in that situation.

c. purchase hopefully a used working SD/SU set.

I guess at this stage you're in deep enough and no result, large TV worth the gamble I suppose.

Comment

Personally I would have the SD fully installed correctly and totally remove the SU from the TV.

SC50 will need to be jumpered anytime either sd or su are disconnected.

but as I say I've never done it on a Panasonic, never found myself in this situation.

If that proved ok and it turned on with a half screen then you could

a. take a gamble and just get a SU board

b. repeat the same test with the SD fully removed and the SU fully installed and bolted in but I just don't know what happens in that situation.

c. purchase hopefully a used working SD/SU set.

I guess at this stage you're in deep enough and no result, large TV worth the gamble I suppose.

I tried with the SD board only ' SU board removed....nothing on the screen but red light on front stayed solid... Then I tried SU board only and still nothing on the screen...

Looks like option C ----> c. purchase hopefully a used working SD/SU set.
                        Cause if its the panel , it won't be worth doing any more to it...
                        With the red light staying solid, do you figure the SC board I installed is working like it should ?
                        Last edited by colormebad; 01-07-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I tried with the SD board only ' SU board removed....nothing on the screen but red light on front stayed solid... Then I tried SU board only and still nothing on the screen...

Looks like option C ----> c. purchase hopefully a used working SD/SU set.
                          Cause if its the panel , it won't be worth doing any more to it...
                          With the red light staying solid, do you figure the SC board I installed is working like it should ?
                          yeah, sounds like it's turning on , staying on with both boards. This would validate the good resistance tests you got too I guess and make me think this has a bad panel,

Hope I'm wrong

Comment

yeah, sounds like it's turning on , staying on with both boards. This would validate the good resistance tests you got too I guess and make me think this has a bad panel,

Hope I'm wrong

One thing I did notice, after unplugging the tv ' the heatsinks on the SU board were a little warm/normal, But when trying the SD board only, then un plugging the tv, those heatsinks were still cold.... I got 2 boards on the way...If all fails I will just put the SC SD SC boards up for sale....

Comment

One thing I did notice, after unplugging the tv ' the heatsinks on the SU board were a little warm/normal, But when trying the SD board only, then un plugging the tv, those heatsinks were still cold.... I got 2 boards on the way...If all fails I will just put the SC SD SC boards up for sale....
                              True, boards for this size would be rare and I reckon the A board may be worth a chunk too. You have courage so hope it works out

Comment

True, boards for this size would be rare and I reckon the A board may be worth a chunk too. You have courage so hope it works out

GOOD NEWS! Installed the 2 SD/SU buffer boards and TV came on and has flawless picture.... I did go back and swap between my old boards, and my SD board would work with the new SU, But when I tried my old SU board with the new SD board, the TV wouldn't turn on, just the relay click and back off again... So SU board must have been the root cause of all the problems... I just stuck both the 2 new boards back in and it still playing...

Next project' I guess I will try the repair kit on the SC board... $39.00 and have a good board to sell or keep...

Comment

GOOD NEWS! Installed the 2 SD/SU buffer boards and TV came on and has flawless picture.... I did go back and swap between my old boards, and my SD board would work with the new SU, But when I tried my old SU board with the new SD board, the TV wouldn't turn on, just the relay click and back off again... So SU board must have been the root cause of all the problems... I just stuck both the 2 new boards back in and it still playing...

Next project' I guess I will try the repair kit on the SC board... $39.00 and have a good board to sell or keep...
                                  PS: Sound don't sound that hot on this tv.... Is is normal, or do you think the firmware update will help this ???

Comment

that is good news. I'd be interested in you doing the resistance check again on that bad board. Vfo, Vscn_F and VF5V.

I just got a TV , SU shot, quick check between Vfg and the outputs on the SD and looked normal. Did what you tried and still 7 blink but ok with SD isolated.

This was the resistances though.

SD,

1 Vfo 5.8M
                                    2.Vscn_f 7.2M
                                    6. VF5V 29K

SU

8. Vfo 9.2ohms
                                    6.Vscn_f 238k
                                    2. VF5V 2.3ohms

and doing a diode check Vfg to output I get consistant 0.73 which is what I would nomally see.

But resistance checks look all wrong except maybe SU pin 6

Comment

that is good news. I'd be interested in you doing the resistance check again on that bad board. Vfo, Vscn_F and VF5V.

I just got a TV , SU shot, quick check between Vfg and the outputs on the SD and looked normal. Did what you tried and still 7 blink but ok with SD isolated.

This was the resistances though.

SD,

1 Vfo 5.8M
                                      2.Vscn_f 7.2M
                                      6. VF5V 29K

SU

8. Vfo 9.2ohms
                                      6.Vscn_f 238k
                                      2. VF5V 2.3ohms

and doing a diode check Vfg to output I get consistant 0.73 which is what I would nomally see.

But resistance checks look all wrong except maybe SU pin 6
                                      I will recheck it tomorrow.... Are you checking the board out of the tv ??

Comment

I will recheck it tomorrow.... Are you checking the board out of the tv ??
                                        yep, will add comment in my thread

Comment

Not sure if this the right thread to ask this question.

Does anyone know what the part number is for the IC771 for the SC TPNA5175 board?

And does this come with a typical repair kit?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X