LG 60PA6500 Plasma with sound but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PA6500 Plasma with sound but no picture

I have a LG 60PA6500 that did only have a bad Z sus board, until I picked a replacement Z board on eBay that killed the picture. I thought it might have damaged the Y sus, so I ordered one off eBay, but the VY and VSC fluctuated with it. I put the original Y sus back in and removed both buffers and now VY is 189v and VSC is 0. Is VSC at zero correct with the missing buffers? I also completely removed the Z sus for testing. All voltages are with the Z sus removed.

VS and VA have always been stable regardless of which X or Z board I switched.

Looking for guidance on the next steps of what to test and hoping the eBay Z sus didn't ruin the panel.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PA6500 Plasma with sound but no picture

I put the new Y sus from eBay back in and I got random voltages from VSC and VY. I think I check the buffers correctly and they appeared ok.

Sound like a bad Y sus?

Any way to check if the panel itself got fried from the bad Z sus?

Comment

Re: LG 60PA6500 Plasma with sound but no picture

After 3 bad Y sustains from various vendors, i finally got a good Y board that fixed it. Added new buffers too to just make sure.

Z sustain is buzzing fairly loudly now. Is that normal for these sets or something to be worried about?

Comment

Working...
      X