• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio JV50PHDTV10A No picture and no sound

Vizio JV50PHDTV10A 50” Plasma

Built March 2008

No picture and no sound.

I have spent several hours researching and testing on this issue and any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

When the power cord is plugged in, the Vizio indicator is amber in color. Set can be powered up by remote or button on side of set. When powered up the indicator changes to white and you hear a click, the indicator lamp dims very slightly with a very faint buzzing and another click. This takes about 2 seconds to happen. The indicator lamp remains white and the set can be turned off with the remote or power button on set.

This problem started about a year ago during Comcast cable installation. The set was up and running and waiting on the cable box to initiate. There was nobody in the room when it blacked out so there is no way to know exactly what took place. I did not smell any burning odor or see any smoke when we reentered the room.

When I removed the back of the set I didn't see any visible damage or burning. I did a little research and decided to replace the caps on the power supply board. They were bulged and slightly leaking. After repair I was left with the same problem.

Here is what I do know. Looking at the back of the set when powered up, there are 4 green led lamps on what I think is the control board. Numbered D2, D3, D4, D5. During the power up these lamps come on with the exception of D2 after the first click. Then D5 goes out followed by a click and D3 and D4 go out. No picture and no sound. Vizio indicator stays white and you can power it down with remote or button on side.

Voltage readings at C806 power supply board, powered up =
    115v ac supply and all fuses test good with a known good Fluke DMM.
    5vsb @ P800 = 4.96v dc
    Va = unreadable
    Vs = unreadable

Unplug C806 to Z-SUS on right side looking from the back and power up no change.

Unplug Y-SUS board on left side looking from the back and things change. Power on, click indicator lamp turns white and green LED's all illuminate except D5. Then D2 goes out, D3 and D4 stay on. I still have no sound or picture. But during this time I can get a voltage reading as follows.

5v = 4.96v dc
    Va = 59.6v dc and drops to .64
    Vs = 190v dc to 205 v dc then drops to 2.6 v dc

Note; I read someplace that some brands of TV's will shut down the power supply if something is unplugged. Not sure. Also while the Y-SUS is unplugged I have a 12v and 24v dc supply at C802 momentarily available on power supply board that was not there before disconnecting the Y-SUS.

During this time there is a noticeable buzz that seems to be coming from the Y-SUS board. As near as I can tell it is coming from a capacitor C37 = 250v 47uf 105 degree Celsius. Maybe just feedback as I do not have the board totally isolated.

I am looking forward to hearing from some of you extremely knowledgeable members here and thank you one and all for any ideas or suggestions.

Roger
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio JV50PHDTV10A No picture and no sound

Anybody? Any ideas?

Comment

Re: Vizio JV50PHDTV10A No picture and no sound

I have the exact same problem. I am frustrated to no end

Comment

Working...
      X