Lg 50pk750 help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg 50pk750 help!!!!

Why are you sad ? Its a positive thing that you diagnosed the fault successfully Order a board and let us know how it goes
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hamie stated that the board is hard to come by

Comment

Ohh just read haha
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Or if you cant find one, we could go through troubleshooting the Mainboard but as your new to this it will be hard to do.

Comment

Im not afraid to troubleshoot, with a little help

Comment

Anyone care to guide me in the right direction?

Comment

Common issue on these boards is bga solder failing on the main processor which is under the heatsink, you could try reflowing it to see if it sorts the issue. Also do you know how to check voltage regulators ?

Comment

Ok, so pop off the board and check for bad points? I regards to the voltage regs no Im not 100% sure but am confident I can look it up... Or if youd like to link a video and or describe what to do thats fine as well.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!

I just received the board, installed it and...... STILL NOTHING!!! :/

I unplugged the LVDS and shorted the two jumpers and the test patterns still work... WHAT COULD IT BE? I HATE TROUBLESHOOTING BLINDLY

HAMIE?

Comment

You have bought a faulty mainboard.

97% you have a bought a faulty mainboard.
                      2% there is a problem with the control board
                      1% a problem with the lvds cable.

The board you have bought won't have been checked, send it back and get a refund.

Comment

The test patterns bypass the main board.
                        If you get perfect test patterns then you've almost certainly bought a bad mainboard.

This is a common fault on this model, probably a lot of faulty mainboards floating about.

Comment

This board was purchased as refurbished from a seller on ebay... I dont believe I can receive a refund. If I cannot Id prefer to troubleshoot this board to fix the problem.

Hamie, can you help me thru the steps I need to take to troubleshoot this board if I cannot get a refund?

Comment

I have a question, could it be the AC Det? This is posted in the manual I downloaded

d Note: If the AC Det line is Missing, the TV will not turn on. (Relays will click, then no functions).

^^^ This is exactly what its doing, it clicks then no functions...

Comment

Bringing this back from the dead, can anyone help me troubleshoot the main board? I have a multimeter and can follow directions

I want to be 100% the Main board I purchased is bad before trying to source yet ANOTHER one!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, anyone?

Anyone?

Comment

just to clarify in post 20 you asked which was the mainboard as you wasnt sure no one replied so you have found one yourself just trying to confirm you actually purchashed a main board and not a control board, if you did purchase a mainboard and it was faulty why not get a refund? as ebay gaurantee refunds or paypal on faulty goods and maybe even credit debit cards you shouldnt be out of pocket for faulty goods.

Comment

Hello Vince,

I did purchase a main board and after installing it nothing changed. The ebay seller I bought it from had a 0 return policy because I could not prove to him it was faulty, thats the reason for asking for help to troubleshoot it so I could prove to him it was faulty. He stated that it wasnt and Paypal/Ebay will not refund you your money...

I need to know how to test (using a multimeter) to see if the main board is bad as well as the control board...

Comment

Really, need help here

Comment

Originally posted by LGinMD View Post
                                        Really, need help here
                                        Hi i have read various threads no one has seemed to of repaired one of these mainboards successfully hence the short supply of them i honestly dont know what else too suggest you check as your tests still point too a bad mainboard.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                          Common issue on these boards is bga solder failing on the main processor which is under the heatsink, you could try reflowing it to see if it sorts the issue. Also do you know how to check voltage regulators ?
                                          Thank You! Our TV went out 2 days ago same thing. I used Hamie's trick and got the test pattern. Could not find a replacement main board and could not see anything obvious on the old one sooo I put it in the oven (on wooden dowel rods) for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F. I let it cool before moving it and now my TV works! Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X