Still clicking after replacing eeprom Samsung LE40M87BDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still clicking after replacing eeprom Samsung LE40M87BDX

Just to add my five peneth,The Samsung I encountered did not have any bulging caps as seen in many forums,all the caps were replaced as a mater of course, still relay clicking, I then checked the 10uf and 47uf on the power board they all showed very high ESR one was completely OC, so all caps replaced on power board, still clicking relay, I then noticed there were horizontal flashes between relay switching on and off, looking on the mother board for any clues I noticed a charing of two smd resistors R1131 R1132 68ohm, when replaced with temporary 33 ohm resistor the horizontal flashing stopped, only to be followed with a cloud of smoke from the resistor, the cause of the problem was C1102 a 1uf smd was intermittent S/C , when this was replaced everything returned to normal, good picture no relay tripping, the set was left running for about 4 hours no problem, so it was reassembled and left running, then it started tripping again every 20 seconds, I removed the can on the processor and checked all of the caps in the can, all were perfectly OK, I then started to check the ESR of the other caps on the main board and found several 100uf with no ESR at all these were replaced still the problem persisted I then checked the 4.7uf near the crystal in the middle of the panel this one had a ESR of 1.2k it was replaced and so far so good.

Comment

I had many times C1110 and C1177 with high esr and low capacitance.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzoDurlg_jI
      Attached Files
      The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Originally posted by finntricky View Post
        yes, just replace them 2, thay are a bit of a prob to remove so be carefull, i have pulled the tabs before,
        i replaced with normal caps and layed them down so the shield would still fit
        Hi, old thread I know but very current for my TV fault. You say you replaced with normal caps, that is 2x 1000uf at 10v electrolytic ?

Would 2x 1000uf 25v electrolytic be okay if so, or stick to 10v?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LifesGoodPlasma View Post
          Hi, old thread I know but very current for my TV fault. You say you replaced with normal caps, that is 2x 1000uf at 10v electrolytic ?

Would 2x 1000uf 25v electrolytic be okay if so, or stick to 10v?

Many thanks!
          25v volts will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
            25v volts will be fine
            Perfect thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X