Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soniq E40W13C-AU TV distorted image and restarting issue

Hi everyone

Still attempting my first TV repair. So far thanks to the help of budm I was able to get my TV out of standby, but now the TV has developed new problems.

The TV would turn on, go through the start-up splash screen with the brand Logo. Get to the blank input screen and the color would distort. Once this occurs, it will no longer take any input from the remote control. After about 10 second, it will then turn itself off and restart. This is then repeated.

I have searched the forum and think that the problem is with my main board. People have said that it may be the EEPROM issue or tantalum capacitor issue. My main board is different to others I have seen on this forum, can anyone confirm the IC I circled is the EEPROM? and also it doesn't look like I have any tantalum capacitor but I do have some capacitors, could they be the issue? or am I way off with these two solutions?

Please note:
    - The image I have attached of the mainboard was before I replaced the ADJ LDO to get it to get out of standby.
    - I have also attached a close up image of the IC I think may be the EEPROM. The value of it is 25Q32BSIG or 25Q32BS1G

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Soniq E40W13C-AU TV distorted image and restarting issue

Was there any solution found to the restarting issue?
    I have a Soniq, similar model which does the exact same restart sequence and I am not sure what is causing the problem.

Tech Enthusiast - Lojix Net

Intel Core i7 3770K | GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4 | 32GB RAM | Ge-Force 660Ti/OC | Kingston Hyper-X 240GB SSD| Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM​

Web Browsing Powered By Firefox

Comment

Working...
    X