Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P55GT30 will not turn on, seven blinks from LED

Originally posted by Ben09 View Post
    According to the flowchart, after disconnecting SC20 it gives 8 blinks. So I will contact the seller and have them send me a different one.
    I think that's the correct option so long as you've check everything at your end especially that all cabling is connected, sometimes people disconnect things and come back to a project forgetting to reconnect cables but a change to 8 is a good indicator Sc fault.

just make sure you've checked those sd/su boards thoroughly for shorted buffer ICs, last thing you want is to blow up a good Sc. If you don't have the training guide for this i can upload it. different to the standard service manual

Comment

If and when you get another SC you can do a test without the buffers connected and if it turns on witout a shutdown error blink that generally means Sc passed.

that way you know it was good and if after connecting the sd/su and it errors then there's an issue with those.

There is a official procedure for it involving jumping the sc50 connector pins and having the sd/su unbolted from the Sc and also electrically disconnected from the SC.
      Last edited by tw2005; 08-03-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

According to this Shop Jimmy video, I checked the voltages of the TP82 and the other one and they didn't come up correct. I was reading the voltage is wrong. This morning I checked and the other one correctly read 5 volts. The other one, the TP82 only said 1 volt unless I'm measuring it wrong. I already tried swapping the power board out with no difference. According to this video, the a board would be the next step. But the flow chart you posted indicated that it 8 blinks after disconnecting SC20 was still an SC problem.
        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...svsxkLPQiUgklg

Comment

Thanks, I will have to try that if and when I get a different one. Because 6 blinks doesn't indicate SD or SU at all correct?

Comment

Thanks, I will have to try that if and when I get a different one. Because 6 blinks doesn't indicate SD or SU at all correct?
            no, i have not seen 6 for that. just make sure the buffers are good.

do you have the gt30 guide?

just had a look at 7 blink which you had. Says update firmware after replacing sc or ss for 7 blink. Also has in order of likelihood

1. SC

2> sd/su

3. SS

that's a new one SS for 7 blink

may want to see if panasonic can tell you where or how to get the firmware

they do have a site for updates , just don't know if that's going to have the update for the SC/SS issue

They may ask how you know which could be awkward since these docs are probably meant for internal use?
            Last edited by tw2005; 08-03-2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/.../down_na1.html

Comment

Here is a picture of the SC card. The eBay seller is yalucinc2012.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  no, i have not seen 6 for that. just make sure the buffers are good.

do you have the gt30 guide?

just had a look at 7 blink which you had. Says update firmware after replacing sc or ss for 7 blink. Also has in order of likelihood

1. SC

2> sd/su

3. SS

that's a new one SS for 7 blink

may want to see if panasonic can tell you where or how to get the firmware

they do have a site for updates , just don't know if that's going to have the update for the SC/SS issue

They may ask how you know which could be awkward since these docs are probably meant for internal use?
                  I do have the PDF troubleshooting guise for it. Huh, SS board. Yeah that is interesting. Well I couldn't update the firmware until I fixed it correct?

Comment

Update: I heard back from the seller. He said he tested it in a unit successfully before he sent it, and to make sure to check my SU and SD cards. He said my old SC card caused one of his SU cards to short out, but that might have been because my father in law removed a couple components.

I really hope one of those is the problem. I'm just about ready to sell this off board by board and get a new TV.

Comment

It works now! The new SC card worked, my father in law and I neglected to put in the four large screws connecting the SC card with the SU and SD cards. I can't believe we missed that, but I blame that on neither of us having done this type of troubleshooting before.

I'm going to send back the power and subpower boards for a refund from the seller.

Thanks for all your help on this issue!
                      Last edited by Ben09; 08-11-2015, 06:30 AM.

Comment

It works now! The new SC card worked, my father in law and I neglected to put in the four large screws connecting the SC card with the SU and SD cards. I can't believe we missed that, but I blame that on neither of us having done this type of troubleshooting before.

I'm going to send back the power and subpower boards for a refund from the seller.

Thanks for all your help on this issue!
                        oh my god, really. yes no earth on the buffers wil do that. have not read for a while but that seller does a lot of repairs and has 100% feedback so looks like the seller was right and a goof up at your end. Lucky the seller accepted the board if you attempted repairs and removed bits.
                        Last edited by tw2005; 08-11-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

oh my god, really. yes no earth on the buffers wil do that. have not read for a while but that seller does a lot of repairs and has 100% feedback so looks like the seller was right and a goof up at your end. Lucky the seller accepted the board if you attempted repairs and removed bits.
                          Yeah basically. When I put the new SC board in my father in law was helping and I guess he overlooked it as well. Yeah I'm glad they accepted it anyway. To be fair they didn't specify that I couldn't have attempted repairs, just that they wanted the core board. Maybe they'll change their description lol. I kind of wish my father in law didn't attempt repairs and just let me send it in to get repaired, would have saved me $40 but oh well, it's working now.

Comment

Yeah basically. When I put the new SC board in my father in law was helping and I guess he overlooked it as well. Yeah I'm glad they accepted it anyway. To be fair they didn't specify that I couldn't have attempted repairs, just that they wanted the core board. Maybe they'll change their description lol. I kind of wish my father in law didn't attempt repairs and just let me send it in to get repaired, would have saved me $40 but oh well, it's working now.
                            some of these are not too bad to repair DIY, can be lucky and just need new 30F131 IGBTs but if there's more than that hard if you've never done a SC before, anyway not all in vain, I think they're worth fixing since no more Panny Plasmas around. Just saw a 50U30 go for $400 used here, that's top dollar

Comment

some of these are not too bad to repair DIY, can be lucky and just need new 30F131 IGBTs but if there's more than that hard if you've never done a SC before, anyway not all in vain, I think they're worth fixing since no more Panny Plasmas around. Just saw a 50U30 go for $400 used here, that's top dollar
                              Ok, yeah that's true. Basically came out to be a $100 fix which is way cheaper than buying a new TV and it's hard to beat the picture, short of the new OLEDs I suppose, and those are $2500+.

Comment

Ok, yeah that's true. Basically came out to be a $100 fix which is way cheaper than buying a new TV and it's hard to beat the picture, short of the new OLEDs I suppose, and those are $2500+.
                                can't complain at $100, can't imagine what a shopr woul dquote , probably $300-400

Comment

Any word on how it holds up after being fixed? Do people have better luck now with the locking washers?

Comment

Working...
                                  X