lg 50pc1da plasma fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 50pc1da plasma fault

hi from the information on this forum i believe i have narrowed down my issue to the ysus board but just wanted to check if anyone had any other thoughts.
    i have a flashing screen with a ticking noise from the ysus and the heatsinks remain cold, checked power board and all outputs correct , if i disconnect the xsus the screen goes black which suggests to me it is doing something and also the heatsinks are getting warm, the y buffers appear to be working again because they get warm and as i disconnect each 1 i loose that half of the screen, the only thing making me question this conclusion is that i cannot get the menu or inputs to show up on the screen either with the remote or the buttons on the t v is this also consistent with just a ysus issue.
    many thanks in anticipation

Re: lg 50pc1da plasma fault

Sounds like the usual ERC IPM failure on the (Probably) the Y-SUS board.

Z-SUS has the same IPM and can also fail with exactly the same symptoms, Ive found that the Z-SUS ERC IPM fails probably more than the Y-SUS one for some odd reason...

Menus not showing maybe just due to the very poor image with failed/intermittent IPM or could be a separate fault. Is there sound and a picture behind the image flashing--usually is faded pinkish image with ERC IPM int failure....
    Last edited by Alastair E; 04-08-2015, 01:59 PM.
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply the only sound I've had is static though not consistently with regards an image I cannot see one but as I cannot get up the menu I cannot set the input although if I just press the program up and down the flashing appears to vary in brightness as if the screen may be changing.
      With regards the zsus as I mentioned the heat sinks both warm up and if the zsus is unplugged I don't even get a flashing screen

Comment

Use an empty toilet paper or paper towel tube to listen to which ysus ipm is making the ticking. It needs to be replaced.

Comment

Thanks for the replies sorry for tardy reply but been away having difficulty de soldering the ipms so going to buy a ysus if I can find 1 at a reasonable price

Comment

They are a bugger to change. Ive got one here--been here about 3 months, even got the IPM's but keep putting it off....

Sometimes its easier to use a fine side-cutters and cut its legs off close to the IPM case.

Then de-solder the pin stumps one at a time, and clean out the through-hole tinned print.
            --Take care of the pressure you put on the print its not all that strong, and some connections to the IPM are on top print layer only.

Another way is to use a hot-air paint-stripper to heat the heatsink up good and hot Then use the iron to de-solder the pins--You need a good temp reg 60W Iron to do it, with both braid and sucker to do the job....

Another way is to make a 'jig' from some scrap copper bar approx same length as IPM, cut a slot in it and heat that, tin it up and apply that to the row of pins, let the heat soak through and carefully lift one side at a time....
            --Been meaning to try this one out, but I think I would modify the idea and adapt a small low power hobbyist blow-torch to heat the copper continuously, That print and IPM suck heat like you wouldnt believe!
            TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
            http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
            PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
            X