Samsung Plasma PN64D7000 White picture with sparkling pixels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma PN64D7000 White picture with sparkling pixels

Just glad it's a $24 part and not something like the panel. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.. Thanks a lot for the walk-through.

Comment

So I got the x-main board from ShopJimmy today and unfortunately the problem still persists. Also I checked all my voltages and they are all the same. Even the the capacitor that you boxed in blue reads a voltage of 14.9-15.8.

Comment

Bad replacement?

Comment

I suppose it's possible, but the same exact problem? I would assume that if there was a problem with the new board, it would present a NEW problem.

Comment

Other guys are better with Plasma than me, Only done a few myself so will let them carry it on

Comment

It's hard to say without testing the boards extensively. I'd say the control board is a possibility or the X-main you got is bad--I'm not sure which, though.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                It's hard to say without testing the boards extensively. I'd say the control board is a possibility or the X-main you got is bad--I'm not sure which, though.
                What can i do to test the boards? The JustAnswer.com tech said to replace the Main logic board. The ShopJimmy tech said to replace the Y-main and upper/lower Y-Scan drives.. so between all three sites I'm being told to replace everything!!

I would love to do more tests to narrow down the problem.

Comment

Well Just Answer is usually useless. At least one of the techs insists every problem is bad capacitors, and another calls every plasma unrepairable and junk. So... my opinion of that site is very poor, they do not vet their techs well enough given that they charge quite a bit for the service.

I doubt it's the Y-main / Y-buffers myself. The fault looks like the X-main, or some signal to the X-main has been lost.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The video I link here looks a little bit like my issue (based on picture quality). JL449 happens to have a few spare boards including an x buffer. Hopefully that will improve my picture.

What else would need to be replaced if some signal to the X-main was being lost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUyg-b7LXo
                    Last edited by cap223; 04-15-2015, 07:15 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Logic/control board and the ribbon cable connecting it in some cases.

Comment

So I got some other boards from a member on this forum and I've tested them all out to no avail. So here is a summary of what I've tested:

Vs, Va, Vsc, Ve (Vb) voltages ... All test fine.

Replaced the following boards one at a time (fyi no changes in picture quality for any replacement):
                        Power board
                        X-main (tested one from ShopJimmy and another purchased from forum member)
                        X-buffer
                        T-con board (interface board)

Only replaceable boards remaining:
                        Main logic board
                        Y-Main (Y-sustain)
                        Y-Buffer Upper
                        Y-Buffer Lower

Comment

Hello,

Not sure if any one has suggested this yet. But you sh

Comment

Sorry hit post before finished

You should eliminate the main board by performing the logic board test patterns. This will tell you if the main board is at fault or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X