• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma PN51D490 No picture.

Here is the solder side.
    Attached Files

Comment

Have the service manual for this tv now.
      Attached Files

Comment

U5007, U5014 and Q5015 are the driver ICs of interest. They should be replaced when replacing the FETs/IGBTs. You can try running the set with these parts out. You won't get a picture but voltages like Ve, Vsc, Vs, Va etc should power up.... you MAY see a few "sparklies" on the screen, but that's all.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi, I have read many of your posts and am impressed with your knowledge of Plasma tvs. I have a Samsung PN58C550GIF / PN58C550GIFXZA PURCHASE IN Feb 2011. Set working well until I heard a pop and then no picture but sound works as do all controls
          I checked the power supply by jumping the PS_on onto ground and the VS_on to +5v and all voltages check out. I checked as many of the Mosfets as possible and they seem to work. I changed the X-main, Y-main and both Y-buffer boards with no help. The LED on the control board gives an error message: on 5 secs and off 1 sec. I get a very brief flash of sparkle light pattern on the screen(off center) when first turned on then nothing. I do not notice a glow in a dark room. Finally I jumped the power supply on and left the boards hooked up and still no picture.
          Any thoughts? Also when I power up with the ribbon cable from the control board to y-main disconnected, it powers up and LED blinks one per second and all voltages normal. Power up with it all connections in place and get normal voltages VS and Va for a split second then rapidly down to less than 5 volts. Thanks very much in advance!!
          Last edited by docloonie; 03-04-2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

With the set off and unplugged using the diode mode on the dmm check the vs to ground and va to ground. if you get a short, unplug the ysus, then xsus and check. If the y and x boards are good, unplug the y board from the buffer board, also inspect the y buffer board chips for little holes. You can check the y buffer with the dmm beep setting, there are youtube vids to show how.

Originally posted by docloonie View Post
            Hi, I have read many of your posts and am impressed with your knowledge of Plasma tvs. I have a Samsung PN58C550GIF / PN58C550GIFXZA PURCHASE IN Feb 2011. Set working well until I heard a pop and then no picture but sound works as do all controls
            I checked the power supply by jumping the PS_on onto ground and the VS_on to +5v and all voltages check out. I checked as many of the Mosfets as possible and they seem to work. I changed the X-main, Y-main and both Y-buffer boards with no help. The LED on the control board gives an error message: on 5 secs and off 1 sec. I get a very brief flash of sparkle light pattern on the screen(off center) when first turned on then nothing. I do not notice a glow in a dark room. Finally I jumped the power supply on and left the boards hooked up and still no picture.
            Any thoughts? Also when I power up with the ribbon cable from the control board to y-main disconnected, it powers up and LED blinks one per second and all voltages normal. Power up with it all connections in place and get normal voltages VS and Va for a split second then rapidly down to less than 5 volts. Thanks very much in advance!!

Comment

Success!!! Spent too much time with an ebay ysus board that was bad. They gave a refund. Bought a good ysus from jimmy's and all is good. Thanks for all your help and support.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jeffegg2; 03-11-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear, thanks for sharing.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I was going the component level thing, I fixed the power supply, but it kept getting deeper and deeper on the Y sus board. The y-sustain board that I got from ebay (despite all the warnings here. heh) was trashed worst than the original. So I went the way I should have and got a new y board from jimmys. Fired right up. I may play with the two remaining boards to find what went wrong with them both.
                  Learned quite a lot from here and youtube for troubleshooting plasma tv's. And saved my 51 inch from the land fills. I'll continue my electronics repair work so you will probably hear from me again...

Comment

Working...
                  X