X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PJ150. Clicking Clicking Clicking

Hi guys,

Got this plasma for cheap.
    When i turn it on it just clicks 3 times and then repeats the same thing over and over again.

Disconnected the ysus/zsus from the powerboard/mainboard but it keeps clicking so my guess would be the PS.
    I dont get any visual on the screen it stays black.
    All caps look ok.

Have not measured a LG plasma before so if someone could guide me?
    I will take pictures tomorrow if needed.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: LG 42PJ150. Clicking Clicking Clicking

Sorry for all the dust, only cleaned the PS.
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Just a idea here I had the same fault on my 42PJ350 LG once I changed them the tv worked
      I'm gathering that psu has the same rating but no doubt tom or more will reply
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sordids999; 10-28-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Not a problem for me to buy 2 of those ceramic resistors. Is that 22 Ohm?

Comment

Yes have u checked yours on the psu are the same ?

Comment

Yes same values! Will try that tomorrow. Thx!

Comment

Have you tested these resistors before ordering something you don't need.

Have you checked 6 legged voltage regulator that is attached to heat sink near the bridge rectifier.

]

Comment

Im going to test those resistors first ofcourse.
                I have not tested that 6 legged voltage regulator , how do i test that? Whats the name for the part?

Comment

Ok , tested the resistors. Both are 22 OHm.
                  I replaced all the small capacitors except the 3300uf.

Took the board with me to work and unsoldered the 3300uf and the value is 3900? Took a brand new 3300 and the value is 3330.
                  Could this be the reason its not starting up?

Comment

No, probably not.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hmm ok , but 3900uf for a 3300 is a bit much?

All transistors are ok , the only part that i cant measure is the 6 legged voltage regulator.

Comment

It still wouldn't cause your fault. Within 20% anyway.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That sounds like , try figuring it out yourself and if you cant find the problem , i will tell you whats wrong :p

Comment

I don't know what's wrong, but yes, you should try finding it yourself if you want to do lots of these TVs.

How much space do you have? I don't have this many on-going projects...

Comment

Haha , was just kidding but ill measure the voltage regulator tonight.
                              I have enough space for these projects.

Comment

Got the panasonic on a hold so ill continue with this 1.
                                Replaced 2 caps ( 3300uf).
                                I just plugged it in and i got 1 click with another click later on and led is on. No more clicks...looks like its running in standby mode?

Pressed powerbutton again and led stays on but it continues klicking every 5secs.
                                Nothing happens on the screen.

Guessings its the voltage regulator. I read alot that replacing this part does not fix the problem.

More time tomorrow for this tv! Any tips are welcome!!

Comment

When you get continuous clicking do you get good Vs/Va voltages?

Comment

There are no voltages going to the SS board. M5v / gnd / nc / v5 / va are all 0v.

The only voltages i measure are on 2 pins on the cable going to the mainboard. They are 4v and 5v rest is 0v on the same cable.
                                    Last edited by Moreno83; 11-01-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Ok, I think it's a good idea to rule out the main A/V board.
                                      Disconnect the connector from power board to main board. Leave main board end unplugged.
                                      Connect AUTO_GND and GND together on this connector.
                                      Everything else connected as normal.

Plug set in, do you get relay clicks, do you get Vs/Va, and a slight glow from the plasma display panel?
                                      Last edited by tom66; 11-01-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I bridged the gnd/auto gnd and put in in the mains. The relays click ( click click click) and nothing comes on the screen and voltages stay 0v.
                                        The 5v/4v are still the same but the relays stop clicking! ( loop)

Comment

Working...
                                        X