LG 42LF11-UA Horizontal Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LF11-UA Horizontal Lines

Hey guys...I have a LG 42LF11-UA tv....On start up it has horizontal transparent lines (about 3inch thick) traveling up the screen. After about 20 min, the picture is perfect. I'm about to take the back cover off today...any guesses about what it could be? Bad cap? Power supply? I attached some pics of the start up lines. You can see it's a lighter color and its moving up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kylebronson; 08-06-2014, 08:45 PM. Reason: enter model number

Re: LG 42LF11-UA Horizontal Lines

After taking the back off, all the caps look decent. None of them are bulged or leaking. Any ideas???

Comment

Do the lines move?
      If you can connect a computer, can you try setting it to a different refresh rate, like 50Hz or 24Hz, and see if the lines behave differently? (Do they move or increase in size for example.)
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes the lines move- they travel up the screen. I am not aware of how I would connect I computer. The only cable I have is my vga to hook up to my mac.

Comment

Try changing refresh rate here on VGA:
          http://macs.about.com/od/systemprefe...nce-pane_2.htm
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just tried changing the refresh rate via vga cable and the refresh rate was not an option.

Comment

What resolution are you set to, if 1920x1080 you should have at least 50Hz & 60Hz...
              Alternatively if using an Xbox via the composite or component video cable (rather than HDMI) you should be able to switch between 50Hz & 60Hz by selecting NTSC/PAL.

Comment

I was 1280x800.

Xbox must no longer allow you to switch between NTSC and PAL because under my settings, it does not give me the option

Comment

This is a 1080p TV; why not use 1920x1080 (should be an option?) Anyway, it would be useful to see if these lines behave differently, because to me, I think it is some mains ripple (at 60Hz) interacting with your 60Hz TV. If the TV is switched to a 50Hz signal and the lines behave differently, then this will confirm this symptom. I have seen this before on a really old LCD TV.

Comment

1920x1080 is not an option...but what I did, and i'm not sure if this means anything..but i switched between 800x600 to 1280x1024 and I noticed a difference in the lines. In the 800x600 resolution, the transparent line moved up the screen VERY slowly in comparison to the 1280x1024 (which is the highest resolution option for some reason)

Comment

Working...
                    X