Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty lg 50pg3000

Good afternoon everyone!

I am new to this site but from what I have seen it is a top helpful site!!

I have a LG 50PG3000 which is around 4 years old and it has served me very well.

I came back from a trip away the other day to find the picture acting like this:

It is a very good TV and I would love to get it sorted.

I have been involved with TV Aerials and Satellite systems all my working career and I think I can give it a go.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Scott

Re: Faulty lg 50pg3000

Looks like a cracked display unfortunately. Not fixable.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Looks like a cracked display unfortunately. Not fixable.
      Someone has told me it could be a Y-SUS board, could this be possible?

Comment

It is possible it is just a bad buffer. Very common on these sets, the buffer board is about £70 on eBay direct from LG reseller.

I don't think it's a cracked display.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I think i didn't read the fine print about it being a plasma - the spots look exactly like pressure marks on a LCD.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            It is possible it is just a bad buffer. Very common on these sets, the buffer board is about £70 on eBay direct from LG reseller.

I don't think it's a cracked display.
            Cheers Guys for your input!

Is there any way I can find out for definite TOM?

Any tests I could do?

Comment

Do you have a multimeter with a "beep" option? (When the probes are touched it beeps. May also be called continuity tester mode.)
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

OK, you will have to take the back cover off the TV and remove the top Y-buffer board. Carefully disconnect the panel ribbons, avoiding damaging them. (Power must be off.) Also unscrew all screws including the ones linking the board to the Y-sustain.

If you're not certain which board is the top Y-buffer then post a picture of the chassis and someone will highlight it.

Comment

You are very helpful thanks

I will get that up ASAP

Comment

Just had a look on ebay Tom as I am not back at home with the TV yet, but is this the right Buffer Board if it is that whats faulty?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LG-50P...item3f310feda4

Comment

No, sorry, that's the X-buffer which is not the one you need. You need the upper Y-buffer.

Comment

Hi Tom

Here is a pic of the back of the TV which part am I to look at?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Tom

Here is a pic of the back of the TV which part am I to look at?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c7xzjjvzy...716_161313.jpg

Thank you

Comment

I can't see either of those files. Try uploading them to this site directly using the Manage Attachments feature, or use a service like imgur.

Comment

I can't see either of those files. Try uploading them to this site directly using the Manage Attachments feature, or use a service like imgur.
                                Here you go Tom is that better?

Many thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

I AM GATHERING IT IS THIS PART?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Y-SUS-BOAR...item259166987c

Comment

Tom

I took off the part like you said and checked the part number on ebay and it came up with

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-V-LG-YSU...item3f3866d1c2

£74.50 so good advice LOL

You mentioned earlier about testing it to make sure it is definitely that could you please let me know what I have to do?

Many thanks

Comment

That's actually the Y-sustain. In your case, you will need to replace the top Y-buffer board. If you like this can be tested for short circuits.

To test, remove the top Y-buffer. It connects to the Y-sustain. You can see orange ribbons going into it. You'll need to unclip these to take out the board. (Be very careful! If you damage them they can't be replaced as they are bonded to the plasma panel.) Then -- A picture of the board and I will highlight where to test.

Comment

That's actually the Y-sustain. In your case, you will need to replace the top Y-buffer board. If you like this can be tested for short circuits.

To test, remove the top Y-buffer. It connects to the Y-sustain. You can see orange ribbons going into it. You'll need to unclip these to take out the board. (Be very careful! If you damage them they can't be replaced as they are bonded to the plasma panel.) Then -- A picture of the board and I will highlight where to test.
                                        Morning Tom pics included I really appreciate this!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X