This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diah View Post

it sound firmware or dead eMMC , try download from Samsung usb firmware and try it
    How would I go about installing new firmware when all I can see when the tv turns on is the samsung smart tv logo and nothing after that. Is there a way to reinstall firmware without having any display on the tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Super360 View Post

How would I go about installing new firmware when all I can see when the tv turns on is the samsung smart tv logo and nothing after that. Is there a way to reinstall firmware without having any display on the tv?
      well to tell the truth its hard ... in yours case only replace mainboards ..... but you can try this
      go there and download firmware version 0000 its German one , which we use it to downgrade then we can install any other firmware or root the TV.
      in yours case you need for yours H this one T-MST12DEUC.zip
      ready USB stick as small capacity as you can no more than 2GB.. formatted in FAT MBR mode... and try different way by just the last file upgrade.msd to put it on the stick.... or image.... or the complete folder of T-MST....

good luck

Comment

In fact there's no way!! Samsung update via net / usb needs entering sub menu..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          In fact there's no way!! Samsung update via net / usb needs entering sub menu..
          we are here in this forum related to our way to solve problem.. we didn't copy result from other forum or users... we know its hard but we will not say impossible... the impossible when firmware vanished from eMMC... there will be other miracle it t bring it back... try and try later if this or any other method suggested over this forum will be answer over all YouTube or forums.,
          when i wrote MBR mode and FAT or EXT its way to trick the SPI to handle the stick as part of HW... this TV linux.. and who know or worked with Linux FW & HW and compile stuff will never say there are no way

one things more i gave link for factory firmware 0000 which its only allowed you to downgrade.to 0000 then you are free what you will do withe set
          Last edited by Diah; 04-17-2024, 03:23 PM.

Comment

we are here in this forum related to our way to solve problem.. we didn't copy result from other forum or users... we know its hard but we will not say impossible... the impossible when firmware vanished from eMMC... there will be other miracle it t bring it back... try and try later if this or any other method suggested over this forum will be answer over all YouTube or forums.,
            when i wrote MBR mode and FAT or EXT its way to trick the SPI to handle the stick as part of HW... this TV linux.. and who know or worked with Linux FW & HW and compile stuff will never say there are no way

one things more i gave link for factory firmware 0000 which its only allowed you to downgrade.to 0000 then you are free what you will do withe set
            Ok tried all your steps other than I can't find a usb drive smaller than 4gb but the led didn't even flash for the usb drive once. I formatted it as fat and mbr and made sure to change how I put the file on the drive like you mentioned. I think I'm going to just put a replacement board in this tv and sell it on. Will keep everyone updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Super360 View Post

Ok tried all your steps other than I can't find a usb drive smaller than 4gb but the led didn't even flash for the usb drive once. I formatted it as fat and mbr and made sure to change how I put the file on the drive like you mentioned. I think I'm going to just put a replacement board in this tv and sell it on. Will keep everyone updated.
              This won't work with Samsung, it doesn't have a recovery mode, firmware restoration, if you have the cheapest CH341A programmer, then you can try to reprogram the spi flash 25q40cl chip, if it doesn't help, then sell it, since the node will already program the eMMC, then here you will need an expensive programmer to work with eMMC and knowledge... I will provide you with the firmware for 25q40.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

This won't work with Samsung, it doesn't have a recovery mode, firmware restoration, if you have the cheapest CH341A programmer, then you can try to reprogram the spi flash 25q40cl chip, if it doesn't help, then sell it, since the node will already program the eMMC, then here you will need an expensive programmer to work with eMMC and knowledge... I will provide you with the firmware for 25q40.
                yea, I have a replacement 25q40 coming in the mail. The one guy said that it doesn't even need to be programmed which I find hard to believe. But yes I would much appreciate the firmware for that chip and I'm going to pick up this programmer.

Comment

Are you able to do reballing? A first step could be a slight heating of all bga, this can in a lucky sit. activate a bit the bad balls, just to diagnose it well, then the second step if no go is a full reflow with a lot of flux, when confirmed bad balls do a reballing, anyway reballing of all the set of bga is the best, if a light reflow or complete freezing in a fridge gives no complete boot then the emmc partitions has some flaws, you can diagnose it by uart pc connection, when you see error in file reading + unable to mount partition (users partition usually) then file structure is gone and this probably due to bad balls as well.. i mean, data can be ok but balls looses contact with heat and gives error, or data is bad due to contact being bad during a past usage of tv, especially in write operations (installing apps, changing settings..)

Adding a mention.. a small amonut of percentage is still the bad panel, there possibly be a small bastard going s.c. under a certain period when image is sent, so try unhooking the lvds ribbon and hope to get audio from the speakers.. it seems tcon integrated to MB so no screen test can be made.. (f***k Samsung..)
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 04-17-2024, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Are you able to do reballing? A first step could be a slight heating of all bga, this can in a lucky sit. activate a bit the bad balls, just to diagnose it well, then the second step if no go is a full reflow with a lot of flux, when confirmed bad balls do a reballing, anyway reballing of all the set of bga is the best, if a light reflow or complete freezing in a fridge gives no complete boot then the emmc partitions has some flaws, you can diagnose it by uart pc connection, when you see error in file reading + unable to mount partition (users partition usually) then file structure is gone and this probably due to bad balls as well..

Adding a mention.. a small amonut of percentage is still the bad panel, there possibly be a small bastard going s.c. under a certain period when image is sent, so try unhooking the lvds ribbon and hipe to get audio from the soeakers.. it seems tcon integrated to MB so no screen test can be made.. (f***k Samsung..)
                    Yea I can actually solder quite well but reflow/reball is defiantly out of my skill set. I did unplug the lvds cable that plugs in the motherboard and there is no sound what so ever.

Comment

The problem here is not the bga soldering, the problem here is a malfunction of the spi, eMMC ("H" series) firmware.

Comment

A question to the professional tinkerers that usually repair bad emmc software with the in line / icsp programming, does this job lasts many months / years usually ?
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 04-18-2024, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

of course it had since its Linux, there are user mode at bootloader section called mmc.restore.communicated with kernel permission.
                          @Super360
                          Spi sold on ebay are programmed... but some used one size dump for example 50 and sell it for all size.
                          however since yours 65 , it will worth to look at the panel edge boards... you may will find on left and right side U ribbon connect 2 half side.... if this the case disconnect on atime and turn on.. just to be more sure.

Comment

of course it had since its Linux, there are user mode at bootloader section called mmc.restore.communicated with kernel permission.
                            @Super360
                            Spi sold on ebay are programmed... but some used one size dump for example 50 and sell it for all size.
                            however since yours 65 , it will worth to look at the panel edge boards... you may will find on left and right side U ribbon connect 2 half side.... if this the case disconnect on atime and turn on.. just to be more sure.
                            appreciate all you guys for all your help. I am continuing forward with buying a replacement board off ebay and will update you on the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Bholu View Post
                              My friend, there is a 8 pin eprome ic attached to this board.rilace it with the new one same nomber remember you do not need to program new ic place the ic as it is. Thx
                              Well bholu was absolutely correct. I literally thought this wouldn't work but I bought a Winbond W25Q40CLSIP erased eeprom with no programming what so ever. I just got it today and soldered it in and really had low hopes of it fixing my issue. I soldered it in anyways thinking I have nothing to lose. Well when I turned the tv on after installing new eeprom it did the same thing smart logo then blank... turned it off and turned it back on and wouldn't you know it that it came alive right before my very eyes. What a great surprise. Thanks to all you guys for your help.

Edit: and yes I'm going to clean up that rosin flux all over the board lol.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Super360; 04-20-2024, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I'm not gonna believe it.. i'm sorry..

Comment

I'm not gonna believe it.. i'm sorry..
                                  Well I spoke a little to soon as it did power on and somewhat function but it kept turning off and freezing. It will display a image at least but like I said after 3 mins restart itself for no apparent reason. So it looks like a motherboard replacement is the only thing that will fix this tv at this point.

Comment

My suggestion is that the best thing to do is to bring the board to a profess. lab. for reballing each one bga, costs permitting, receive it, test it for at least 3 days, then seal around each bga on board with hot glue and close the tv, the replacement board will have same problems past a certain time..
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 04-22-2024, 04:56 AM.

Comment

How do you removed the memory?

Comment

Well just a little update I put the replacement motherboard I bought offf e-bay in and it's working great now. It no longer shuts off every 3 mins like it did when I replaced the eeprom memory chip. So I would call this fixed. Now all I have to do is replace the psu as it makes a horrible buzzing sound that makes watching tv unbearable. And the one other issue is some of the led diffusers fell off so they will have to be re-glued but no big deal. Main problem fixed. thanks everyone.

Comment

How do you removed the memory?
                                          It was the eeprom chip not the memory chips and it was easy just put some flux on the chip flood it with lead solder (both sides) and heat both sides up and slide the chip off, Then use de soldering braid to make the pads flat and put new chip in no big deal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X