Samsung un65ks9500fxza water damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un65ks9500fxza water damaged

I have a Samsung un65ks9500fxza that was rained down on by an apartment sprinkler system. The tv plays but has white images on the screen. As far as I know the tv has dried completely out. This is an edge lit tv and I assume it will need new backlight strips considering the black stripe in the middle of the screen. Does anyone have any opinions whether this tv can be saved? I have included pictures. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by JunkmanJimbo; 04-01-2024, 11:28 AM.

i would suggest to take the screen apart... cleaning sheets , back side of the LCD panel... and take look to edge BL i think they are easily to replace the ones went out or it could be also line soldering cut on LED unit by water damage.who knows... KS series are good one from the Korean.

Comment

Thank you Diah! I will give that a try. Can you or anyone tell me the procedure for the screen removal on this tv since it has no bezel.
      Last edited by JunkmanJimbo; 04-01-2024, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JunkmanJimbo View Post
        Thank you Diah! I will give that a try. Can you or anyone tell me the procedure for the screen removal on this tv since it has no bezel.
        all led tvs had bezel and would be sane way in order to handle

Comment

The tv's I've done in the past had a plastic bezel that just popped off for the most part. This tv has a thin metal bezel, if you can even call it a bezel compared to the ones 4 or 5 years ago. This panel is apparently held in by 2 sided tape. I've searched for a video to show how to remove the panel but couldn't find one.

Comment

You have to use a very thin piece of plastic to slide under the screen and separate it from the glue strip and frame. It's only on the top and sides.
            Makes it a little easier if you put sheet of paper under where you already separated so it doesn't re attach itself

It's a really nice tv but a kinda of a pain to take apart

Comment

Do I need to put some kind of solution on it to help melt the adhesive? I saw a video where he was using something called CTC which I cannot find. He also said thinner could be used but he didn't say what type of thinner.

Comment

No, no thinner or other product.

Comment

I take a suction cup to the bottom of the screen, not super close to edge and lift up slightly. Then I take a business card and run it through the adhesive. As you do the adhesive you life gently the screen as you go. It's only the beginning that's slightly tough. Once you get a couple inches, lifting with suction cup easily handles the rest of the screen while sliding the card

I have tried cleaning those sheets you talk of with no success. The sheets retain the water marks and don't clean up. But this wasn't an edgelit tv, I'd be curious to know what would clean this up if it's possible.

Comment

A huge thank you to Storyteller12 and EazyBone! I will report back to you guys after I attempt your suggestions. Thanks again!

Comment

Oh, by the way. Do you guys have a link or suggestion as to the double sided tape I should use when I install the screen back in the tv?

Comment

I don't no, just make sure, sometimes with the stupid tape they use has like a foam to it and this foam gets everywhere. If it gets under the screen it will be VERY visable and it is like electrostatically charged so that shit sticks to the screen backing. I always carefully lift the screen side with suction and use flashlight to look for any little bits and vacuum as much as possible. So make sure that's all cleaned up before you put it back on. That is, if it's the foam tape.

I generally glue them back down, I haven't found the replacement tape they use yet. I'd like to know also.

Comment

Sorry for so many questions. What kind of glue do you use for the screen. Also, what do you use to clean all the old double-sided tape off?

Comment

try first microfiber cloth for glasses .. if didn't help then use empty spray bottle , after clean it 100%, fill it with Distilled water, spray on whole not only at dirty area and use microfiber cloth for glasses to wipe it.

Comment

I am definitely not the expert here and only learned through internet. But I use b-7000 glue. Works good and is easy to clean up excess. Unlike super glue which is more permanent this can be removed again. I was suggested this through TV repair people on internet. To get glue off the bezel of you lucky at the very end of the tape you can lift it up and pull from there smoothly across. The screen.. well I have the edge lean off a box I use as the table and pick as many of the loose ends off lightly with my fingers. If it's foam that is. I've seen several posts about people cracking their screen trying to get it all off so I leave it and glue it. That's why I don't use tape. This might not be the best method but it definitely works and secured well for me. The other members may have better suggestions

Comment

Sorry for so many questions. What kind of glue do you use for the screen. Also, what do you use to clean all the old double-sided tape off?
                                Usually I can very carefully peel a corner and pull it off in one piece. Any left over residue I use alcohol and microfiber.

Comment

This is the only tape I have found that works. You need to leave the tv flat for a day to get a really good bound. After that good to go
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I want to thank you guys for your help. I finally got the tv disassembled and found the diffuser sheets would not clean up, just like EazyBone said. So, I trashed it after taking out the boards. At least I got some practice removing the screen since it had no bezel, which I had never done before. Thanks again for all you guys help! I very much appreciate it!

Comment

So, I trashed it after taking out the boards.
                                      The most expensive thing about this TV is the panel (matrix), which was alive and working.

Comment

Yes! I would of definitely kept it. Use another TVs diffusers etc

Comment

Working...
                                        X