No announcement yet.

Sony XBR-49X800G networking issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe only the wirlesss/bt is a card. The LAN looks to connect directly to the processor. LAN and WLAN being the same speeds support this. The wireless card is ac, far faster than 70Mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryZ View Post
      Aloha. First post here, hope I can find someone to assist me.

I have a Sony XBR49X800G with streaming issues. The issue mostly occurs watching sporting events (basketball and football). The picture will sometimes get pixelated, sometimes freeze for a few seconds while the audio continues, sometimes it's jerky. In other words, you get a headache watching the TV.

My ISP provides 500 Mb service and I have verified that I have at least 500 Mb on ethernet, and something over 300Mb on WiFi. I installed Analiti on the TV (it's an Android TV) and I get ~ 70 Mb on both WiFi and Ethernet connections. I'm assuming this indicates an issue with the networking card. Looking for replacement parts I did find some network cards / modules supposedly for this TV. So, I'd like to try replacing this module. But, I cannot find a service manual for this TV. Can anyone point me to a service manual? Or, would you be willing to walk me through the process here on the forum? I fix computers so I'm familiar with proper procedures, but have no idea how to take this thing apart.

Mahalo, Harry Z
      If you are getting this issue ONLY on live broadcasts, it's possibly just a little glitch on the broadcasters side and might not be a problem with anything else.

Comment

Main board Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	3210943

Comment

Working...
        X